Too much amp?

Participant count
  • Participant list

makethtgrn

I've looked everywhere for an answer to this and can't find anything even close to an answer. I have a Sundown sa-12 d2 sub and a Hifonics ZRX2400.1D amp. I know this is not an ideal set up, but it's what I have and I won't have any money to change it for quite a while. I currently have the sub wired to 4 ohms and it sounds good, but I can't help but feeling it could push a lot harder than I'm powering it now. Right now I only have stock electrical and battery, again not going to be able to change that for a while. So, my question is this, should I rewire the sub to 1 ohm and just try to gain down the amp to 800-900 watts (if it will go that low)? Also, 1 last note I only have a DMM and ears to set the gain with, so should I just try and see, or is there something that I'm missing that could end badly.

bro slap that sa on there at one ohm and let it beat.... set gains youll be fine i slapped a ct1200.1 on a sa12 and beat it retarded they can take some abuse....

that BRZ2400 is rated 2400 at 1 ohm(the amp actually does about 2100 clean. Wire the amp to 1ohm and just dial the gain back some and you will be fine. Use a dmm to set the gains on the amp to about 1700watts then after rise and voltage drop you would be setting probly around 1k rms(depending on your electrical)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.