New Phone Low Volume Output

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I recently went from owning the HTC m8 to the Galaxy s7 edge. Love the phone but noticed a few issues so far. One, when plugged in via aux there is a white noise staticy noise that it makes. This is fixed by turning on their UHQ upscaler (should I be nervous with this on?). HOWEVER the bigger issue is the max volume on the phone is lower than on anything else Ive used. I set my headunit to max out at 28/35. With my HTC, iPod, or CD the volume on 28 is LOUD. With the Galaxy it doesnt get nearly as loud. Does anyone have a solution to this? Right now my only solution is using my old phone as an iPod basically, which is pretty annoying. I dont want to get rid of the phone since this is the only issue, otherwise I love it. But am I stuck with this for 2 years?

So I recently went from owning the HTC m8 to the Galaxy s7 edge. Love the phone but noticed a few issues so far. One, when plugged in via aux there is a white noise staticy noise that it makes. This is fixed by turning on their UHQ upscaler (should I be nervous with this on?). HOWEVER the bigger issue is the max volume on the phone is lower than on anything else Ive used. I set my headunit to max out at 28/35. With my HTC, iPod, or CD the volume on 28 is LOUD. With the Galaxy it doesnt get nearly as loud. Does anyone have a solution to this? Right now my only solution is using my old phone as an iPod basically, which is pretty annoying. I dont want to get rid of the phone since this is the only issue, otherwise I love it. But am I stuck with this for 2 years?

Re tune your system so it's as loud as your other sources were. It's like going from a 5v HU to a 2v head unit... Gotta adjust your settings

Try poweramp it does wonders! My buddy system sounded like junk until he downloaded the app. Its a music player with a very nice eq. I tune mine then tune the eq on poweramp and it sounds great. Im using a note 5 by the way

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Try Bluetooth feature yet?? From phone to Hu? Sometimes it works alot better..The Aux generally isnt very clear/clean compaired to bluetooth and generally better at volume.But as stated..adjustments more than likely need be made as any source

Is there a volume limit set on the phone?

I know with my iPhone you can set a volume limit in the settings. So for example if the limit is set to 50% then if you play a song and turn the volume all the way up it will really only be playing at 50% volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.