New, need help

Drad91

So I've done research and I'm lost and I need help.

I have a Boss bv9364b (has brown out for subwoofer, only one plug?)

2x 12 kicker svc 4 ohm subs

crunch px1000.4 amp

I have both subs in a ported box with each sub having their own wires

I have power and grounds already ran and fused

So this is where I am lost. I would like my radio to turn on and off when my car turns on and off. It doesn't do that I have to manually turn it on and off every time. I would also like to wire my subs up the best way possible for what I have and so I can control it with my head unit (sub power, amp on/off)

Note: I do have an LoC connected to the rear speakers but would prefer to use hu if possible.

Any help would greatly be appreciated!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot about the remote, I'll wire that after work today. What about that single sub output on the back of the hu? How do I run a single rca from that to a 4 channel amp?

I bridged the amp too, using all 4 channels for two subs. I used my LoC in the mean time to run the rcas but there is only 1 input for each channel on the amp? That confuses me. I put 1 rca into channel one and the other into channel 3 for now. I mean I'm getting bass from it but I don't want to mess anything up

I forgot about the remote, I'll wire that after work today. What about that single sub output on the back of the hu? How do I run a single rca from that to a 4 channel amp?I bridged the amp too, using all 4 channels for two subs. I used my LoC in the mean time to run the rcas but there is only 1 input for each channel on the amp? That confuses me. I put 1 rca into channel one and the other into channel 3 for now. I mean I'm getting bass from it but I don't want to mess anything up
The single sub out can be "Y'd" into the rcas for the low inputs on the amp. I'm not sure if the amp was designed to bridge the high pass side for a sub. From the images I saw, and what ive read... it never shows it being wired that way. Not saying that it can't, but you probably won't get the full potential from the sub on that side. You could run them both, (i think) but one for each rear channel instead of bridged. Here's a pic of the input side.

ef371bba7ab67951eaa60ec406b7af7f.jpg

f333c29041d32fa37df16a78dba8ef81.jpg

6d38c885f3bef8d46798747605a1e990.jpg

Maybe consider another crunch, but a 2 channel for the subs? They aren't very expensive.

Put the phone down and DRIVE!!

give props to tahoe for not ripping that 100rms boss amp, i'm shocked way to go.. dude that alot of work for that amp., sell those and get mono d class amp, can get good used ones for like $100 (not crunch, plye, boss, hifi or pa) or at least get rid of the boss use crunch for mids with mono amp on subs until u can replace the crunch..

I do have a 2 channel Pioneer amp that's 760watts, would that be better than the 4 channel?

I'll pick up some of those splitters and try it out.

I don't have a Boss amp

I do have a 2 channel Pioneer amp that's 760watts, would that be better than the 4 channel?
I'll pick up some of those splitters and try it out.

I don't have a Boss amp
That crunch amp isn't much different than a boss amp.... It's going to be pretty weak. The Y cable will help get a signal to the 4 channels for sure. As for the Pioneer amp, it's probably stronger, but without knowing the model it may not work with what you have for subs.

As for the HU and why it won't turn on automatically it's all in how its wired into the car. If you used a wiring harness it should have been setup up where the ignition turns on the unit, I believe its the yellow wire on the harness....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.