New line of soundqubed subwoofers

BassIsGrace
10+ year member

Has anyone tried the new HDS200 line of subs from soundqubed.if so can you give me your opinion.I was thinking about 2 budget 12's and they're $85 a piece shipped.600rms.2.5"vc

Push terminals and non pressed paper cone.not sure of the magnet size cause they dont give it.its not as beefy as the sdc 2.5s were but then again they replaced the sdc series to save money

I've been testing around with a pair of the 12's in a buddy's car, and for $85 they aren't bad at all. We put them in 4.3 cubes (before sub displacement) tuned @ 32hz and it sounds good, and its only getting about 1000 rms as well.

I've been testing around with a pair of the 12's in a buddy's car, and for $85 they aren't bad at all. We put them in 4.3 cubes (before sub displacement) tuned @ 32hz and it sounds good, and its only getting about 1000 rms as well.
Good to hear. Planning on getting 2 12's.

I bought them and I like them.its just I screwed up by not getting a custom ported box built to spec and throwing them in a prefab 4cubed 32hz tuned box from mobile sound works thinking it would sound good.im a idiot. Never again

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

Yup bought me a pair

wouldn't 4 cubes at 32 hz be pretty close to spot on?

I would think it's more of the t/s parameters for the hds212 not lending itself to ported boxes

and what are the suggested enclosure specs for sound que stuff? I didn't see anything on the website

I emailed them and they don't suggest sealed.... HOWEVER if you were to run them sealed they said they want them in the same airspace as ported ? I've never heard of that before but hey, maybe they know what they are talking about

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.