New ideas for a new setup...

Participant count
  • Participant list

goofballer
10+ year member

bouncin' YJ
I bought a '93 Ford Probe GT today and wondering what I should do for my setup. I'm thinking about going to a new one, as my friend is willing to take the stereo in my Jeep off my hands. I'm keeping the deck as it's in perfect condition (Alpine CDA-9811).

Basically, he's taking the 6x9's, amp, subs, cap. I have around $2000 to spend on a setup, but I don't really want to spend all of that on it. Suggest me some good ideas for a fairly loud setup. I'm also gonna keep the box. It fits 2 12's and it's got 2 5 inch ports on the top.

My old setup was:

Alpine Type S 4x6" Coaxials

Alpine Type S 6x9" Coaxials

Alpine Type S 4-ohm 12" subs (x2)

Sony 1200w mono channel amp

Rockford Fosgate 1-farad cap

How much space do you have? How loud do you really want it? Do you still want it to sound good? What are you planning up front? Components? What about in back? New coaxials? Do you want a sub amp, and two 2 ch amps, or one 4 chan amp, or one 2 chan amp and the rears on the HU? You gotta be more specific //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I'm looking at 6.5" components up front, with new 6x9" coaxials in the back. I hit 133 dB with my old setup, so probably something in the 140's for my new one, yet something that will still sound really good. I will want to power my subs with a sub amp, and then run my speakers off a separate amp. My old speakers were running off my deck and you could tell they were underpowered.

Here's the amount of room I have in my car. This isn't my car, lol.

341259_13_full.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.