New high end components

fly_marlin

CarAudio.com Elite
Hi all,

I've had infinity reference comps in my car for a few years now. They're acceptable for entry level use, but as I've grown to appreciate music more, they're substantially lacking. I want more transparency and detail. I'm thinking of Rainbow Vanadium Phase Plug CS265 comps. Any thoughts on those? It's virtually impossible to get them in the US, but I found this German site - extremecaraudio.de

I've emailed them and they said they're an authorized dealer and normally rainbow doesn't allow them to ship outside of Germany, but they said they can do it via DHL. Price shipped is about $780. Anyone heard of this place? When looking on rainbow's dealer section, no dealers are listed for Germany, which is hard to believe.

When inquiring with authorized US dealers, they say it's hard to get this and have suggested arc audio black series and focal PS 165 fx - thoughts on those? I'm open to other suggestions, but I wanted the rainbows because I want something that less people have //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif Any help is appreciated.

It makes a lot more sense to buy something readily available at least within the US in case you need warranty service.
True, buy a product whose based in U.S.A. It always seemed to me that buying from an overseas market was a little to edgy for me, not knowing who/what you are dealing with. You have numerous quality productions here that are just as good as these companies in different countries.

I'm in Los Angeles. What are some comparable speakers at this level? I'm also trying to avoid having kick panels installed. I want natural, transparent sound - even at higher volume. With the current infinity set, when I turn it up - it sort of sounds like the sound is coming out of a tin can, I want that gone. Any thoughts on CDT comps such as ES-62iUS? I'm not sure how the upstage setup will work - where does the 2nd set of tweeters go? Are there any cons for doing this?

I'm a cdt dealer. I have the Es models myself. And I love them. Also check out the phd sets if you like either sets. Hit me up I also have the arc audio blacks. Very nice as well. And the hertz hi energy Hsk sets

Thanks for the reply. So the CDT woofer appears to be too deep for my factory in-door location. I have 2007 accord sedan. Is there a way to put in a bracket to make it fit? Also, if I go with the upstage option - where does the extra set of tweeters go?

Thanks for the reply. So the CDT woofer appears to be too deep for my factory in-door location. I have 2007 accord sedan. Is there a way to put in a bracket to make it fit? Also, if I go with the upstage option - where does the extra set of tweeters go?
You need the Es 62 I'm Mids for the set. 1.5" mounting depth the upstage tweets go in the a pillars by the windshield

So it would be the shallow mids, the upstage cross and 2 sets of tweeters? It says there's a titanium option available for tweets - I'd prefer those. So with my car there's no way I can fit the regular CDT woofers in the door?

So it would be the shallow mids, the upstage cross and 2 sets of tweeters? It says there's a titanium option available for tweets - I'd prefer those. So with my car there's no way I can fit the regular CDT woofers in the door?
Pm coming

What kind of treatment have you done to the doors to improve sound quality? If none, then you could spend ten grand and still sound like your speakers were in a tin can... because they are.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.