What are the shallowest (top mount) 6.5" speakers?

Participant count
  • Participant list

h4ldol

The JBL GTO6528s and the Polk shallow mount (db651s and the dxi version) are the shallowest mount (top mount) 6.5" speakers I've found. Does anyone know if there are any others that are comparable? The JBL has a 1-11/16" top mount depth and protrudes only 1/3" or so, and the Polk db651s has a 2" top mount depth, so any other ones that are similar or shallower would be nice to know.

Thanks y'all. Never heard of those brands, but then again I'm only familiar with the big name brands. Only problem is that the shallower the speaker the lower the rated RMS seems to be. My amp will be 50W RMS so won't be able to run these within the recommended RMS (although I hear that it won't matter too much to be a little higher).

Thanks y'all. Never heard of those brands, but then again I'm only familiar with the big name brands. Only problem is that the shallower the speaker the lower the rated RMS seems to be. My amp will be 50W RMS so won't be able to run these within the recommended RMS (although I hear that it won't matter too much to be a little higher).
That's not a problem. We always adjust the power with the volume knob in addition to the music constantly varying power delivery from our amplifiers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.