New headunit wiring help

Participant count
  • Participants list

Mike-

CarAudio.com Newbie
UK
Hi

The C5 Corvette I have came with a Jap import style double din bag of crap from the 90s, which I’m now trying to swap for a JVC single din. Had hoped this was plug and play as I’ve not touched car audio for about 10 years but no such joy. Hopefully there’s an adaptor or harness pre wired that’s available, but here’s what I’m currently looking at.

This is the wire that is currently in the car that came from the Jap stereo:

This is the wire that was loose in the car so guessing the standard Chevy one:

These are the two ends of the harness that came with the new JVC headunit:

Aaand this is the back of the JVC unit:

Any help appreciated!

Would need to know the year corvette and all i do is type the year and make car wire harness on eBay or Amazon and it'll show you the right harness...actually will show you 10 different ones to choose from but all the same.

Hi, yes thanks I did try that. It’s a 1999, all the wiring harnesses I see have the big boxy end like the one supplied with my headunit, which doesnt currently exist in the car. Like I say it isn’t going from the Chevy unit to aftermarket, it’s going from an older aftermarket unit to a newer one. I’ve chased the existing harness back as far as I can physically see and there doesn’t seem to be an additional plug.

All the pictures I see and also what Crutchfields pics show, the second pic you posted of the light grey and black harness is the factory radio harness.

However, this may help?

Attachments

• 2AECB429-F6BD-4933-B1ED-0C3E3832372B.jpeg
    2AECB429-F6BD-4933-B1ED-0C3E3832372B.jpeg
    588.4 KB · Views: 228
You will need to splice a harness (Metra, Scoshe) to the HU harness. Also will need a GM antenna adapter. the harness from old HU may have the harness spliced on already, if so just cut at the splice and reuse.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.