New guy here looking for a custom box design.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Bravesfan09
10+ year member

Rome, GA
Thanks in advance for any help or ideas you guys may have for me. I just recently purchased a new Kicker CVX 12 along with a superbass probox and am just not nearly as happy as I thought I'd be. (Never used a probox before and didn't know what to expect). Anyways, I listen to mostly rap and love the low bass. I was thinking that a ported box tuned around 32 hz would be very nice for this sub in my trunk. Kicker recommends 40 and that's what the probox is tuned at, but I just can't get the lows out of it. Anyways, I'm new to all of this so think "rookie" and please don't be afraid to be very detailed and give any opinions you guys may have. Thanks guys!

Alright guys, well like I said I'm not extremely knowledgeable about the dynamics of everything. I do try to read and learn as much as possible, but nothing really compares to first hand experience lol. If either of you have built or used the CVX what in your mind is the best enclosure and tuning for the sub? Also I know this is somewhat off topic but I may consider selling this set up completely and going the route of FI, Audioque, Sundown or RE. Any personal preferences or recommendations there? Not looking for any more than around 1000rms. Just a nice clean sub/subs that will definitely pound and outperform most people around me, but not be overkill lol.

Alright guys, well like I said I'm not extremely knowledgeable about the dynamics of everything. I do try to read and learn as much as possible, but nothing really compares to first hand experience lol. If either of you have built or used the CVX what in your mind is the best enclosure and tuning for the sub? Also I know this is somewhat off topic but I may consider selling this set up completely and going the route of FI, Audioque, Sundown or RE. Any personal preferences or recommendations there? Not looking for any more than around 1000rms. Just a nice clean sub/subs that will definitely pound and outperform most people around me, but not be overkill lol.

Well i own a single DD3515 and im in love with digital design, you could probably find some 1512s pretty reasonably priced on here, from my experience with kicker cvrs not the cvx they didnt like the lows all that well, they would hit em but not with any kind of authority, but they did kill mid frequency's

Well i own a single DD3515 and im in love with digital design, you could probably find some 1512s pretty reasonably priced on here, from my experience with kicker cvrs not the cvx they didnt like the lows all that well, they would hit em but not with any kind of authority, but they did kill mid frequency's

I'll definitely look around for some deals on DD subs. The CVX does well on the mids also, and I have a pretty decent feeling that, with a properly tuned box in the mid to low 30's it would do a solid job. What amp and box type are you using with the DD3515?

I like Fi, that's what I run.

Good to hear, I'm guessing either the BTL or BL?
BL 18"s.

DSCN0475-Copy.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Bravesfan09

10+ year member
Bravesfan09
Rome, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from