New Door Speakers

texasman

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
I have a 2003 F150 with 6x8 door speakers. I currently have JBL GTO that are about 15 years old and wanting something new. Not connected to an amp just Pioneer 4500NEX. What is a good set for around $100 a pair ill be doing front and rear. Heard good things about Rockford Fosgate but open to any brand. Just looking for decent upgrade from my current speakers. Thanks for any help.

I have a 2003 F150 with 6x8 door speakers. I currently have JBL GTO that are about 15 years old and wanting something new. Not connected to an amp just Pioneer 4500NEX. What is a good set for around $100 a pair ill be doing front and rear. Heard good things about Rockford Fosgate but open to any brand. Just looking for decent upgrade from my current speakers. Thanks for any help.
I don't think you're upgrading over those JBLs for 100$. Those are really nice period. If they're not broken I wouldn't get rid of them. If you want to "upgrade" throw a little 50-80W amp on them.

Ok without an amp what are some good speakers?
If your near Houston ..for $140 I can hook you up with the best 5x7 6x8 that you can ever get . Brand new set in the box....

Attachments

• 20200625_190449.jpg
    20200625_190449.jpg
    901.7 KB · Views: 252
Ok without an amp what are some good speakers?
Nothing that beats your current setup. You will be literally wasting your time for zero improvement. Again the only way you'll see an improvement is with an amp added and proper speakers. You can have the best speakers in the world and they'll sound like garbage underpowered

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.