new comps installed

group buy link, hope this group buy better then the ed group buys //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Mike

ikesound has them for 138.00
wow thats cheap,Ikesound worrys me though..

Eitherway these comps kick ass,you guys wont believe it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

after driving all day in my truck I have come to the conclusion that the crystals sound better than the Aura's

The tweet is really sweet,it plays stuff in such detail yet is smooth too

I have found my "Kwuan" finally in SQ for my truck

how would you compare them to the type x? (if you've heard those)

reason asking is i was getting a set of type x but they are on backorder for 2 weeks so im investigating options...

how would you compare them to the type x? (if you've heard those)
reason asking is i was getting a set of type x but they are on backorder for 2 weeks so im investigating options...
never heard em,but if the new HUs are any indication of the speakers

I would walk on by

haha i hear ya... i got the new 9857 about a month ago..

so you say these are good for quality, but do they get LOUD? how well do they sound driving like 70mph with the windows down?

btw... ive got a 180x2 rms amp for them

a lil too much power for them imo, id suggest u have gainssssss wayyyyyyyyyy downnnn with 180 x 2. id prob give em 150 at most if it were me, 125 prob good range

Mike

a lil too much power for them imo, id suggest u have gainssssss wayyyyyyyyyy downnnn with 180 x 2. id prob give em 150 at most if it were me, 125 prob good range
Mike
There's a guy I know that is selling his r comps for a set of these. he's gonna take a shot with them and possibly talk the owner into carrying crystal stuff as he is already impressed with their subs.

Anyways, he works for this guy and they carry alpine. we listened to both in my truck. My doors are deadened a little, about 10 sq ft of raammat on each door and the midbasses are mounted to a mdf baffle. We tried both and personally, the type x was a little punchier in the low mid range but the crystal's are great in the mid to upper range and the tweeters stomp the alpines. Much more detailed. I would say for the money that the SSCS stomp the alpines, but maybe I'm partial cuz I haven't had nothing but stock for SOOOO long. Just my .02 though

I wish these were a bit shallower, I'd love to try them out. They sound like exactly what I'm looking for soundwise. My doors can only take 2.8" and these are a bit over 3" from what I've read.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.