Revamping my doors this weekend!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

yacob.naif
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Ok, tired of 1/2 a$$ed midbass, and gonna take advantage of this beautiful 4 day weekend to do something about it!

The inside of the door itself is deadened hella good from the factory (audi a6) but i want to deaden the top panel of the door (the panel you mount the speakers to) and seal up any holes with cork/dynamat, and make sure i have a TRUE IB install, not just a half a$$ed 'easy for the installers' install...

while i'm at it, tho, i'm losing the tweeters from my rear stage, i can't stand the way they sound, but i want to leave the woofers in the rear doors, so i can still enjoy the awesome tweeters i have up front, but be able to turn my rear stage up as well, to help out with midbass. Does anyone know what the resistance of alpine type-r component woofers are, if they're not run with the x-overs and tweeters? Planning on running them by themselves, and using the x-overs on my head unit and amp to get them to play 80-250hz, same as they'd be doing if the x-over was still there....

Does anyone know if they're 8 ohms or 2 ohms?

And also, i still have a pair of rockford fosgate components (the ones from best buy that came with 2 tweeters, 2004 models) that are just laying around, could i possibly wire up THOSE woofers, as well? Can you have 2 woofers in the same door panel, or do they cause each other problems with backwaves? And i know you never never mix 2 different subwoofers, but can i do it with midranges?

My tweeters aren't overly bright, just incredibly, incredibly loud, and i'm looking to obtain midbass response that can keep up with them.... I'm shooting for super flat response all the way from the tweets down to 25hz.... and my subs and tweeters outshine my midbass by a large margin

Thanks guys! I'm psyched! I hope deadening is as helpful as everyone says!

and do i just deaden right over the speaker holes, and then recut them? Or is it easier to cut the hole first?

Thanks guys, i've never done this on my own before.

and do i just deaden right over the speaker holes, and then recut them? Or is it easier to cut the hole first?
Thanks guys, i've never done this on my own before.
I just went right over the baffle and then cut it like 6 or so times across and then wraped the triangle shaped things around it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.