New car search: Opinions please.

compare the g35 coupe and the 350z... nearly the same car... one just costs a little less
Not even close to the same car. They are based on the same platform, but the FX, Altima, Maxima, M and G37 are all on that platform, too. Hardly makes them the same car. The Infiniti is a nicer car. The interior is better appointed and finished. There is a lot more attention paid to deadening the interior from road and engine noise.

All that said, if you're looking for economy, go with an Altima or Maxima. Better mileage from the 2.5 version of either than the G35 and you don't have to run 91 octane.

Just a few other options otherwise I would go for the Maxima specially if you can find one with a 6-speed autos FTL

Pontiac Grand Prix GT

Ford Crown Vic

Ford Fusion

Ford 500

Chevy Impala SS (or standard)

Magnum R/T (not sure if in your price range)

Can't really think of others, I prefer RWD and thought I would give some domestic options. But from what was listed get a Maxima or Altima 3.5L and 6-speed

The Acura Cl should give you close to 30 on the highway. Probably highest of the bunch.

In my opinion Acura makes a higher quality interior.

If that matters to you.

maxima. i worked on nissans for a year and never saw a major problem with the new maximas.

stay away from german unless you want to spend all your audio money on repairs instead...

Not even close to the same car. They are based on the same platform, but the FX, Altima, Maxima, M and G37 are all on that platform, too. Hardly makes them the same car. The Infiniti is a nicer car. The interior is better appointed and finished. There is a lot more attention paid to deadening the interior from road and engine noise.
All that said, if you're looking for economy, go with an Altima or Maxima. Better mileage from the 2.5 version of either than the G35 and you don't have to run 91 octane.
if u look at the specs of the 350z in comparison to the g35, they are all nearly identical. its the exact same as with the chevy trailblazer and the gmc envoy.

i know not all of the cars are as similar as those two cars, but i mean honestly, the murano and the fx35? g35 4 door and the maxima? they are very VERY similar... obviously not to the same extent of gmc and chevy, but they are very close.

if u look at the specs of the 350z in comparison to the g35, they are all nearly identical. its the exact same as with the chevy trailblazer and the gmc envoy.
i know not all of the cars are as similar as those two cars, but i mean honestly, the murano and the fx35? g35 4 door and the maxima? they are very VERY similar... obviously not to the same extent of gmc and chevy, but they are very close.
Then you obviously don't know much about the Nissan/Infinity cars. There are very significant differences between the 350Z and the G35 coupe (which is no longer made in favor of the G37 which has very little in common with the 350Z). the 350 focuses on performance and the G is more of a sporty luxury coupe. They share no sheetmetal.

The Altima and G35 sedan have even less in common. Just because they look similar doesn't make them similar. Most significant difference is the drivetrain arrangement. All the Infinitis are rear drive. The Nissans (except the 350Z) are all front drive. The Infinitis also get more power from the 3.5 V-6.

The FX and Murano aren't even very similar.

The Chevy and GMC vehicles are exactly the same with the exception of the grille and the Denali trim package for the GMC and the SS trim packages for the Chevys. That goes for all the GMC/Chevy models, not just the Trailblazer/Envoy.

Then you obviously don't know much about the Nissan/Infinity cars. There are very significant differences between the 350Z and the G35 coupe (which is no longer made in favor of the G37 which has very little in common with the 350Z). the 350 focuses on performance and the G is more of a sporty luxury coupe. They share no sheetmetal.
The Altima and G35 sedan have even less in common. Just because they look similar doesn't make them similar. Most significant difference is the drivetrain arrangement. All the Infinitis are rear drive. The Nissans (except the 350Z) are all front drive. The Infinitis also get more power from the 3.5 V-6.

The FX and Murano aren't even very similar.

The Chevy and GMC vehicles are exactly the same with the exception of the grille and the Denali trim package for the GMC and the SS trim packages for the Chevys. That goes for all the GMC/Chevy models, not just the Trailblazer/Envoy.
meh the murano and fx look the same.. have similar styling techniques as well. as for the 350z and the G35, i am aware that there are differences. the length, width, weight, power, engine, and transmission, although not being the same, are similar, which is to say given a choice of one or the other i would pick the 350z because for the money, u are getting a very similar car to the G35, only with a little more sport.

Did you look at a Saab 93? I bought an '06 with 20k in the spring and have really enjoyed the car. It's great on gas, nice interior, is pretty quick while not being smug like a BMW or Lexus. I also liked the Volvo S40's but they seem more of a chic car. The G35's are nice but they are expensive. The Saab's are a pain in the a$$ for car audio though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

alxmlr789

10+ year member
6>5
alxmlr789
FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date