New car and a few questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

McOpCo

Hey guys. I'm getting a new car and will be putting my system in it. Basically I'm trying to figure out my mid and high situation. I have stock rear speakers which are in the trunk deck. Because of this I'm planning to just remove them. So that leaves me with two front door speakers and two tweeters in a pillars. I have a 5 channel amp from previous build. So I think because I'm removing deck speakers entirely then I can wire the tweeters on there own channel and the front doors on their own channel. Is there any reason not to do this? Do I still need a crossover? Or should I just not use two channels in the amp and wire tweets and mids normally. Thanks for advice.

It depends on if your amp is active capable or if your headunit is. You have to br able to cross over your speakers correctly to run dedicated channels to each. What speakers? If using the passive crossovers you can always bridge the front channels to those speakers.

Using a jl hd 900.5 and a pioneer avic 8200 nex. I'm trying to get up to speed on the active vs passive. But I also don't understand how to properly set up crossover. But still looking on that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

McOpCo

McOpCo
Fort Wayne, IN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
McOpCo