New Build with a budget

crazy

LA
Hey, I am new to forums and I am asking you guys for help on my next subwoofer project.

Someone Please help me out!

Number of subs preferred: 2 12"

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 1000W or more

Budget: $350 (Can go a little over)

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): My car produces about 110A

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): It's an SUV it's got plenty

Goals: To make my friends **** themselves, set off car alarms, hear me down the whole block.

Listening habits: I like R&B, Dance Music, and Rap

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: I was looking at 2 12" Kicker CompR's with the enclosure for $349 on amazon.

I have had the Kicker Comp R-12 in the factory enclosure in the past. There is no doubt it hits pretty hard. If you really want to set off alarms look into soundqubed subwoofers specifically the hds315 or even better yet the soundqubed hdc3 15. Either of these 15's will **** on those two comp r's and **** everybody on your block off as well. HDs is just under 200 the HDC is 15 - 2000 Watts RMS for 300 bucks they are amazing I have two of them. I do not work for sound qubed just a happy customer I've had their 8 12 + 15 inch subwoofer. I just don't want to see you waste your money on the card and then buy soundqubed Subs a year later

All you need is one of these subwoofers will put the two comp r's to shame. What's nice about these subwoofers is if you don't have a 2000 watt RMS amp right now you can run them on low power and they still hit really hard copper coil. There are better subwoofers on the market for this price not even close. I've been counting by tens for three years no problems whatsoever. Sound cube.com check them out.

Hey, I am new to forums and I am asking you guys for help on my next subwoofer project.Someone Please help me out!

Number of subs preferred: 2 12"

Size preferred (if configuration allows): 1000W or more

Budget: $350 (Can go a little over)

Power to be used (which amp(s), include which resistance): My car produces about 110A

Space available (take measurements, do not guess): It's an SUV it's got plenty

Goals: To make my friends **** themselves, set off car alarms, hear me down the whole block.

Listening habits: I like R&B, Dance Music, and Rap

Preferred brands/subs/whatever: I was looking at 2 12" Kicker CompR's with the enclosure for $349 on amazon.
what car do you drive? Do you have a screw gun, and jigsaw? All you need is a design, go to home depot and buy the wood, have home depot cut the wood, take it home, glue and screw. cut the subwoofer hole and viola, you are done for less than 40 to 100 dollars (depending on box size)

I'd go with two FU 750 18s or 15s. They are made in america, built way better than kicker and just 1 fu 750 ran right will destroy even 4 of those kicker comps easily.

They have a big sale going on right now, usually costs 240 or so for the 18s and 190 for the 15s

http://www.fuaudio.com/#!product/prd1/1935566155/fu750-18

lets just say one FU 12 is heavier than two kicker comp 12s. thats how beefy actual quality is.

What's nice about these subwoofers is if you don't have a 2000 watt RMS amp right now you can run them on low power and they still hit really hard copper coil. There aren't better subwoofers on the market for this price not even close. I've been counting by tens for three years no problems whatsoever. Sound cube.com check them out.
Soundqubed is much better than kicker but they aren't this god like brand your making them seem like.
I would not run them at lower power at all (they aren't very efficient, when I was running a sundown E 12 it was slightly louder than my friends HDC3 running on the same power).

Price wise they can be beat as well (the American Bass XR uses better soft parts and has a 40% bigger magnet than the hds3 series and it's only 10 to 20 dollars more). The HDC3 series is fringe $300 which is the price range that can get you a USA assembled woofer with USA motor and USA voice coil.......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.