New Build Subs

Participant count
  • Participant list

C1500martin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Cali
So im starting to plan my new build and was wondering if doing 12 hds208s would truly be louder do to almost double the cone area than 2 15s and quite cheaper aswell. And theyre on sale right now so im thinking of buying them. Would i get D4 or D2 to end up near 1ohm. power will be ampere tfe 8.0, 2 320A alts. Not sure on batts yet

Well right now the hds208 are 89.99 so its only $1079. Any 15s that can handle that power are easily $600+ each. I wanted to do 2 18s but the box would be too big.

Well right now the hds208 are 89.99 so its only $1079. Any 15s that can handle that power are easily $600+ each. I wanted to do 2 18s but the box would be too big.
At that price I would do it. Thanks for letting me know about that sale. I might pick up a 7k at that price and a couple 8"s.

At that price I would do it. Thanks for letting me know about that sale. I might pick up a 7k at that price and a couple 8"s.
Yea man np, the sale came sooner than last year, they waited untill easter but thos one started today and runs a whole month.

Any clue what conf iid need to end up at 1 ohm? No online thing goes beyond 4 subs

Im not a huge fan of my hds208s. They are ok, but cant hold a candle to the sa8v2 i had before.

They need 1cu each, so 12cu total. You know what id do for similar price and volume? 8 sundown eV3 10s. That will give them 1.5cu each. Jacob has said the v3 is now within tenths of an SA. This will allow you to run 0.5 or 1.

As a bonus, you might be able to get them bstock from car audio bargain for about 90. So save a few hundred

12 dual 2 ohms would make .33 wired Series/ Parallel12 dual 4 ohms would make .67 wired Series/ Parallel
So the D4s arent on sale do you know what my next wiring option would be with the D2s? .33 is a lottle too low for me to handle lol

Did you already order amp? Your options are .33 series or 0.165 in paralell. You might have to gain match 2 amps at 0.66

If you already have amp, 8 10s like I suggested would be a good idea

Did you already order amp? Your options are .33 series or 0.165 in paralell. You might have to gain match 2 amps at 0.66
If you already have amp, 8 10s like I suggested would be a good idea
Yea i already have the anp, i like your idea but i already have the box designed and everything for the 12 8s. Plus the evs are only 300w subs i dont think theyll handle 4x theyre recommended rating daily. Yea theres rise but i feel id still be pushing it

The v3 are now 2.5" coils. Basically as thermally robust as the sa coils. Rms is now 500

And after personally using the hds208s, i feel their weak link is mechanical. I can bottom mine out pretty easily

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.