New build ideas? Jeep Liberty. Sub under $500

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have been thinking for a few hours and I really am not happy with the SA-12 in the jeep. I am going to build a box for the Jeep for "The single 12 i already have". I have a air fresher that I hang from the Jeep liberty's Mirror, and it doesn't move like it should. I will build a box for it because that would only cost 50 bucks, and that will be something I can do just for fun etc...

Now for my question for you guys now is. I would like to face the sub like i have in the picture. should I make the box facing the back. So the speaker and the port will be facing the back of the truck. The sundown audio page has a plan for the sa-12. I might just build one and see how that is. Thanks for any more info or suggestions.

I have been thinking about it for a day, and I really am not happy with the sound. I have a air freshener on my Jeeps mirror and it is really not moving at all. The sound is ok, but I have heard a single Kicker Comp sound louder. The port is giving a lot of air. I am going to build a new box for my jeep to see what I am missing. I know there could be a million things that could make it sound crappy, but I am gonna try a new box. Gonna use a box plan from the Sundown Audio. My amp lvl is half way full. Thanks for any suggestions or comments. The new box would only cost me 50 bucks worth of lumber etc...I would take a video, but I know the sound of the camera would sound bad even if it sounded good..

Thanks for the info guys. I am now thinking of just of my next setup and it will be around 2k to 3k worth of subwoofer/subwoofers. I don't care if it takes the whole trunk/hatchbat. I do need to have all 5 seats availible for people sitting //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif. To me no mater what ever setup I get I think having the subs up will allow more options for getting a 15" or even a couple 12's ect..Now my next question is.. Now I even have more options. Should I do 3 10's ? 2 12's , or a 15"? I don't know why , but to me the Sundown audio 15" X series rev.2 looks awesome. I didn't know if i should post anouther post, because my sa-12 setup is now going to be different totally.

I will do big 3 no matter what i get. I have a Kinetic hc2000 in my ranger under the hood .I can steal that for my Liberty. Or if i need a bigger one I will do that..Thanks for your time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.