New Box Questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

qtipextra
5,000+ posts

The Original
Alright guys, I am wondering:

#1: Are there any problems with having the port like this (not the full height of the box):

box1bw8.jpg

#2: I need help with the effective port length when you need to bend it around:

Is the effective port length correct?

box2wr0.jpg

Um if you are looking for a certian amount of port area take the port all the way down the box and adjust the width of it to give you the area you need

Um if you are looking for a certian amount of port area take the port all the way down the box and adjust the width of it to give you the area you need
I already have the port area where I need it with it that way. = 66 Cubic In.

The reason I have it like that is because I have a false floor that comes up 5", and I do not want to box on the false floor.

like BrianChia said... don't forget that you are creating a bottle neck if you just threw in the 45 peice in the corner though.

most people say 45's are a good idea, I agree, but take it to the extreme and think if you had a 45 in the corner that stuck out 3 0r 4 inches from the corner... major restriction in airflow and would mess up the tuning.

most people say 45's are a good idea, I agree, but take it to the extreme and think if you had a 45 in the corner that stuck out 3 0r 4 inches from the corner... major restriction in airflow and would mess up the tuning.
Well that's not true. Adding a 45* angle piece in the port so that the edge of the inside corner of the port wall is the ports width away from the center of the 45* piece will take away the extra air mass that is added by having a 90* bend. It will also prevent corner loading at the bend which can cause turbulence.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.