Fiberglass door panels and dashboards

Participant count
  • Participant list

KB777
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
home
How do you make fiberglass dor panels and still have them fit on the door? Do you use the skeloton of the door panels and glass on it and use the original snap on clips or is there a better way.

DASHBOARDS. Where do you sucure ur dashbord if you build a custom one from scratch. Do you use the same spots that the old one conected to and if so how. Or do you bracket it down or what?

If you can point me in the right direction of a book or site or if you can tell me your self it would be much help.

I dont know about dashboards, havent messed with one yet. I am however almost done with my doors, I chose to make pods that used the old panel for a frame. It's really dependant on your vehicle and what you want to put in your doors as far as going the way I did, or making a new panel. Go to build logs in this forum, and look for mine, it is a few weeks old, but it's there

im wanting a full custom 1 off deal. Fully fiberglass. I wanna mout a monitor and a fer mids and have a sleek design for paint. I just dont know about conecting it anyother way then using the old one. And if i fiberglass allover the old one i dont want it to crack when a pop it in.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.