New box help

Participant count
  • Participant list

soldiermedic
10+ year member

Noob4Life
If any of you use WinISD for the initial part of a box build, I need some advice on where to go from there. I also have bass box pro, but things are a bit off as I am still learning it. If any of you can help, I can send the files I believe. If not, the initial look is a 1.75 cu box tuned to 22hz with an 80.3x12x2 inch port, not including displacement. Sub is a Dayton HF 12

I need to get all my Dayton stuff back in winISD...Had to clear my cpu and lost all of the info I had in there. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

LOL! Here are the specs I have for mine:

*Power handling: 700 watts RMS/1200 watts max *

VCdia: 2-1/2"

*Le: 0.83 mH

*Impedance: 2 ohms

*Re: 1.7 ohms

*Frequency range: 25 - 500 Hz

*Fs: 21 Hz *Magnet weight: 150 oz.

*SPL: 83.2 dB 1W/1m

*Vas: 2.12 cu. ft.

*Qms: 4.26

*Qes: 0.42

*Qts: 0.38

*Xmax: 14 mm

*Dimensions: A: 12-3/8", B: 11-1/8", C: 5-3/4"

These are assuming the VC's are wired for 2 ohm parallel.

So I am shooting for a flat response at 30hz with a roll-off at 23hz, but also keeping a little bit of the kick (response) with a slightly smaller box.

Sorry...2.5 inch port width. Can I shoot you the project?
1.75@22hz, 12x2.5 port winisd for me says length 90.53

carstereo calculator says 89.68

in ur original post u said dayton HF 12, but ur specs are of the HO 12 i believe, with the 700 rms rating

the 22hz is ruining the look to me. winisd recommends 1.310@30hz for the dayton HO 12

1.75@30hz looks really flat and gives u about 2db over the 1.310@30hz. up to u if the bigger box is worth it

1.75@22hz, 12x2.5 port winisd for me says length 90.53carstereo calculator says 89.68

in ur original post u said dayton HF 12, but ur specs are of the HO 12 i believe, with the 700 rms rating

the 22hz is ruining the look to me. winisd recommends 1.310@30hz for the dayton HO 12

1.75@30hz looks really flat and gives u about 2db over the 1.310@30hz. up to u if the bigger box is worth it

You're right, sorry I mistyped re: HO vs HF. In any case, when I put the specs you get, I get a "hump" at 100hz, peaking at 35hz @3db. So...my question is am I misunderstanding what a "flat" response is? I am looking to compliment my music with a little boom, but not lose the transition of kick bass to smooth bass. Thanks for all the help here, BTW.

a flat response "should" have equal output among all the frequencies within the flat response level. in other words, if you're flat from 35 to 100, it "should" be the same amount of output anywhere between 35 and 100. i say should because there are always other factors.

You're right, sorry I mistyped re: HO vs HF. In any case, when I put the specs you get, I get a "hump" at 100hz, peaking at 35hz @3db. So...my question is am I misunderstanding what a "flat" response is? I am looking to compliment my music with a little boom, but not lose the transition of kick bass to smooth bass. Thanks for all the help here, BTW.
grey is what u said, 1.75@22hz

white is what winisd recommends, 1.310@30hz

light blue is another option i gave, 1.75@30hz

daytonho12ported.jpg

http://img806.imageshack.us/img806/9417/daytonho12ported.jpg

on another note, none of this matter because when u stick it in ur vehicle u get cabin gain which will make the most ruler flat sub/box in winisd way off in the car. u will need an EQ

*if u cant see the images big enough, hold ctrl and use mouse wheel to zoom in, then go other way to get it back to normal size*

a flat response "should" have equal output among all the frequencies within the flat response level. in other words, if you're flat from 35 to 100, it "should" be the same amount of output anywhere between 35 and 100. i say should because there are always other factors.
So in theory, if I have a flat response from 25 to 100, the same should apply. What variables should I watch for? And I don't have any issue with room in the trunk, it's going oin the back of a trailblazer.

grey is what u said, 1.75@22hzwhite is what winisd recommends, 1.310@30hz

light blue is another option i gave, 1.75@30hz

on another note, none of this matter because when u stick it in ur vehicle u get cabin gain which will make the most ruler flat sub/box in winisd way off in the car. u will need an EQ

*if u cant see the images big enough, hold ctrl and use mouse wheel to zoom in, then go other way to get it back to normal size*

Whoa. I see what you got and it looks nothing like what I got. So I will try the specs you gave and compare them. Then I will work from there. What did you get for vent mach? What about the EQ? I generally run everything off the deck: Pioneer DEH P7800.

vent mach?

ok so say u build a box that is perfectly flat in winisd. when u put it in ur trailblazer, ur going to have cabin gain. it will have a peak at a certain frequency, plus ur 40hz might be a couple db louder than ur 60 or 70hz. so u will need to eq it so its all the same.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.