New Audio System

DanOpi
10+ year member

MN
Okay hey there all! I'm new to car audio and got most of my help in the live chat here! I appreciate it a lot! But i have a Pioneer DEH-5200HD deck and then i have new Pioneer speakers too! I was just curious how i set the confusing and complicated setting on the deck? Is there a right way or wrong way? Or just how it sounds best? And also how can i avoid blowing out my speakers? My next question is what component should i get next? Amp, Sub, Etc. Now i'm new so something that sounds just okay to you guys will probably be godly to me! Just keep that in mind. I don't want anything pricey but i want something that's good quality. My budget is low since i'm in highschool and don't currently have a job! What do you guys think i should get next or work on next? Thanks for the help in advance!

Pioneer TS-G1343R

5-1/4" 2-way car speakers:

Details:

5-1/4" 2-way speakers (pair)

injection-molded polypropylene composite woofer cone with treated cloth surround

1-3/16" PEI film balanced dome tweeter

power range: 2-25 watts RMS (140 watts peak power)

frequency response: 40-26,000 Hz

sensitivity: 89 dB

Pioneer TS-A1673R

6-1/2" 3-way car speakers

Details:

6-1/2" 3-way car speakers (pair)

also fits in 6-3/4" speaker openings

injection-molded polypropylene woofer reinforced with basalt, graphite, and Aramid fibers — rubber surround

3/8" PET dome tweeter

1-5/8" cone midrange

power range: 2-35 watts RMS (220 watts peak power)

frequency response: 37-25,000 Hz

sensitivity: 91 dB

~DanOpi

Okay hey there all! I'm new to car audio and got most of my help in the live chat here! I appreciate it a lot! But i have a Pioneer DEH-5200HD deck and then i have new Pioneer speakers too! I was just curious how i set the confusing and complicated setting on the deck? Is there a right way or wrong way? Or just how it sounds best? And also how can i avoid blowing out my speakers? My next question is what component should i get next? Amp, Sub, Etc. Now i'm new so something that sounds just okay to you guys will probably be godly to me! Just keep that in mind. I don't want anything pricey but i want something that's good quality. My budget is low since i'm in highschool and don't currently have a job! What do you guys think i should get next or work on next? Thanks for the help in advance!
Pioneer TS-G1343R

5-1/4" 2-way car speakers:

Details:

5-1/4" 2-way speakers (pair)

injection-molded polypropylene composite woofer cone with treated cloth surround

1-3/16" PEI film balanced dome tweeter

power range: 2-25 watts RMS (140 watts peak power)

frequency response: 40-26,000 Hz

sensitivity: 89 dB

Pioneer TS-A1673R

6-1/2" 3-way car speakers

Details:

6-1/2" 3-way car speakers (pair)

also fits in 6-3/4" speaker openings

injection-molded polypropylene woofer reinforced with basalt, graphite, and Aramid fibers — rubber surround

3/8" PET dome tweeter

1-5/8" cone midrange

power range: 2-35 watts RMS (220 watts peak power)

frequency response: 37-25,000 Hz

sensitivity: 91 dB

~DanOpi
First off, welcome to the forum.

The answer to your first question, about if there are right and wrong ways to set up your head unit, or if its just what sounds best, is both. Some settings, like xover settings, have a range of acceptable settings that boil down to personal preference, but once that range is deviated from, *could* cause damage to the speakers.

The answer to your second question is, it depends. (Im really helpful, right? lol) There is no right or wrong answer to should you amp your front speakers before getting a sub, or vice versa. Some of that depends on your stock system, some depends on your budget or goals, and much of it depends on personal preference. Should you buy a red car, or a black one? To me, there is one right answer to that question, but to the others the right answer is something different. The best way to know what YOUR right answer is, is to educate yourself on what's available, what you like, and what it takes to achieve those goals.

You IM'd me and basically asked why your thread hasn't gotten any replies, I can answer that. Your questions are too general. You are basically asking us to get you up to speed when you haven't even started the engine yet. most people dont like trying to educate someone on so many subjects, all at once. You are better off reading threads here for a while, and gaining the knowledge to hone your questions down to more specific queries. Post asking 'should I amp my front speakers?' or 'should I go with this subwoofer' will be much more likely to yield replies than 'can you guys explain almost everything to me here and now'. The more specific your questions, the more replies you will get, and the better/more specific those answers will be.

Hope this helps you get started.

audioholic is pretty spot on.

As far as head unit setting that could potentially damage your speakers, I'd avoid excess low frequency boosting and setting too low of crossover points. Two simple ways to keep your investments safe.

Now, choosing whether to amplify your front stage or add a substage first is a question only you can answer. If you are content with your front stage and want to fill in the lower frequencies, I'd add a substage. If the front stage is not satisfying you, then work on it a bit first.

If you have any specific questions, they may be easier to answer.

Best wishes,

B'G.

Honestly - no offense, because I've been here as well - but if you are in high school and don't have a job, then you have better things to be spending your money on than car audio. Ride it out with what you have for now.

A car audio system must have a head unit which shows all the pertinent data for the convenience of the user.The system must have a powerful amplifier. Without a high quality amplifier, even a new car audio system will not give the highest quality you can get from it.It is always good to have car audio systems that have separate tweeters. Users must make sure that the tweeters are properly positioned for the best results.A separate sub woofer to the car audio system would provide that extra rumble to the system.These are the basics. There are more to an audio system but those are certainly not for a new enthusiast. However, if you keep these very basic factors in mind, buying a good car audio system would surely be a pleasurable experience. Make sure driving your car is also a treat to your ears. car accessories

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.