New Audio Shopper - Need Amp advice

adamzimb

I usually invest money in my PC system. This time around I want to put money in my Highlander for a good audio setup. I just got installed a Pioneer AVH270BT

Now I want to add in a subwoofer to get me started and a proper amp that gives me headroom to expand either a 2nd sub or upgrade the speakers. I really like slim designs and my budget will be under $900 that will include labor costs involved (I don't want to install myself) For subs I'm really liking the PIONEER TSSWX2502 10"

Any recommendations on amps that will fit the budget. rough estimate is between $300-$400. Any recommendations on any accessories needed, like wiring, fuses, etc? All this stuff is really new to me and it's hard to understand all this stuff via youtube. I'm better off seeing first-hand how setups are.

Nice budget for your project. Since you are leaning toward the Pioneer Sub, why not a Pioneer amplifier. You should be able to get one with expansion capabilities for less than $200. Read the reviews on the amplifier before you decide. Use the extra money to take your better-half to dinner and a movie.

I usually invest money in my PC system. This time around I want to put money in my Highlander for a good audio setup. I just got installed a Pioneer AVH270BT
Now I want to add in a subwoofer to get me started and a proper amp that gives me headroom to expand either a 2nd sub or upgrade the speakers. I really like slim designs and my budget will be under $900 that will include labor costs involved (I don't want to install myself) For subs I'm really liking the PIONEER TSSWX2502 10"

Any recommendations on amps that will fit the budget. rough estimate is between $300-$400. Any recommendations on any accessories needed, like wiring, fuses, etc? All this stuff is really new to me and it's hard to understand all this stuff via youtube. I'm better off seeing first-hand how setups are.
You'll find a lot of useful information on this site ....

First off what kind of space are you willing to give up? What kind of genres of music do you listen to the most?

First off what kind of space are you willing to give up? What kind of genres of music do you listen to the most?
I don't mind losing the back of my highlander space. I just want a slim layout (not into huge boxes) as possible. EDM, Pop, some rock/alt

I would get 2 12's and a decent amp , Your running this off of a stock alternator and battery right?
yeah, I guess I'm looking for the best combo to get without being so power hungry that it will require a 2nd/3rd battery in my back seat lol.

I don't mind losing the back of my highlander space. I just want a slim layout (not into huge boxes) as possible. EDM, Pop, some rock/alt
so what you are saying is... I have plenty of space, can use everything! But i want the box small... Thats very contradictory. Go get a tape measure and measure out in height x Width x Depth and we'll know what subs you can actually run.

I can get you very clean and loud with a smaller tline box with a single 8. You won't be disappointed. Pm me if interested.

so what you are saying is... I have plenty of space, can use everything! But i want the box small... Thats very contradictory. Go get a tape measure and measure out in height x Width x Depth and we'll know what subs you can actually run.
well when you say it like that...lol roughly 15h X 37w x 35d . 38.5 cu.ft

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.