New 3 way active Head Units. Which one?

Which brand would you rock?

• Total voters
I’ve always chosen Kenwood eXcelon for my HU’s. I do however have a JVC in my truck right now and love it. JVC and Kenwood merged so the quality should be pretty similar. Pioneers never did it for me. Of the 3, I’d choose the Kenwood since it is the same price as the JVC.

I’ve always chosen Kenwood eXcelon for my HU’s. I do however have a JVC in my truck right now and love it. JVC and Kenwood merged so the quality should be pretty similar. Pioneers never did it for me. Of the 3, I’d choose the Kenwood since it is the same price as the JVC.
Thanks, I was leaning toward the Kenwood too. I see you have an F150. I was wondering if you used a sound deadener on the front doors and if you did, how did you go about the area below the window with additional bracing. It's a very complex brace panel up high on the outer door skin. It looks like a nightmare to apply a butyl deadener too.

Thanks, I was leaning toward the Kenwood too. I see you have an F150. I was wondering if you used a sound deadener on the front doors and if you did, how did you go about the area below the window with additional bracing. It's a very complex brace panel up high on the outer door skin. It looks like a nightmare to apply a butyl deadener too.

I did use some deadener to the front doors. I used it around the speaker holes and put some on the outer skin as best I could (I concentrated around the speaker area). I then used it to seal every hole I could. The armrest area was PITA so I literally did what I could. It’s not 100% perfect but really helped the sound.

I have a Pioneer but prefer Kenwood. I like less volume numbers that way its less turns to change the volume I think Kenwood is 35 vs Pioneer 62. Navigation through the menus I think I like the Kenwood in that regard as well.

I have a Pioneer but prefer Kenwood. I like less volume numbers that way its less turns to change the volume I think Kenwood is 35 vs Pioneer 62. Navigation through the menus I think I like the Kenwood in that regard as well.
I'm leaning towards the Kenwood every time I compare them.

No mention of Alpine? I know they aren’t cheap, but the difference in quality is worth it in my opinion.
I’ve had good luck with pioneers, I’ve had bad luck with pioneers. I’ve had bad luck with Kenwood. Jvc used to be decent, but I haven’t owned one in 25 years, and from what I understand, they are now owned by Kenwood.
Alpines, on the other hand, have always been flawless....there’s a reason they cost more.

I personally have bad experiences with Kenwood's mid to higher tier double dins which were mainly slow, buggy and had too dull of a sound signature so im biased towards the pioneer. Buuut im glad to see kenwood finally got the message and included active networks in their head units now

No mention of Alpine? I know they aren’t cheap, but the difference in quality is worth it in my opinion.
I’ve had good luck with pioneers, I’ve had bad luck with pioneers. I’ve had bad luck with Kenwood. Jvc used to be decent, but I haven’t owned one in 25 years, and from what I understand, they are now owned by Kenwood.
Alpines, on the other hand, have always been flawless....there’s a reason they cost more.
I haven't found an alpine that had the 3 way active functionality or it would be in the list.

I used to prefer Alpine but they lack features and cost more than the other brands that do include those features.

That is the one thing I don't like about pioneer though. That 62 volume is too high. Takes forever to turn up or down.

That pico fuse issue with Pioneers kept me away for awhile not sure if they still have that problem. They should make the 10amp fuse blow if you hot swap the rca’s. Their s/n ratio is lower too not sure if that makes a huge difference but 94 has been the number in like forever.

I did enjoy my alpine but agree the lack of features and price keeps me away. I did have a Kenwood die that was a refurb that lasted about 4 years but generally have had good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...