never buying cab again/wtb .5 stable amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lbetts818

CarAudio.com Elite
Just looking to see if anyone has something used. 200$ or less. Need to handle .5 but before I buy another cab1600 I figured id ask here first. Yes I'm looking for a unicorn but figured why not ask. Need something to push two fu1250s and on a budget for now. If not thanks anyways guys. Not picky on brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lbetts818']I don't have Facebook. And maybe he was just having a bad day or something. Idk. And @hispls if you'd read some some of my post you'd see that I've given up on trying to find something now for 200$ I'm going to save up and patiently wait and see what I find or grab a solid Korean board 2-3.5k amp. Just need something that will put out around 2.5-3k. After I've had time to sleep on it I may very well just be the bigger person and grab two of the cabs anyways. probably not though. but if anyone does share it on Facebook any chance you can black out my personal info like email. Don't wanna have to delete my email due to people blowing it up with hate mail lol.[/QUOTE]

should make one. Almost everything audio related going down over there.

BTW.... definitely a masochist lmao!!

Had to google it lol. And not quite sure if that fits exactly but pretty close lol. And I just do my system for me. Hang out here but not really down to join a bunch of Facebook groups.

[quote name='Lbetts818']I don't have Facebook. And maybe he was just having a bad day or something. Idk. And @hispls if you'd read some some of my post you'd see that I've given up on trying to find something now for 200$ I'm going to save up and patiently wait and see what I find or grab a solid Korean board 2-3.5k amp. Just need something that will put out around 2.5-3k. After I've had time to sleep on it I may very well just be the bigger person and grab two of the cabs anyways. probably not though. but if anyone does share it on Facebook any chance you can black out my personal info like email. Don't wanna have to delete my email due to people blowing it up with hate mail lol.[/QUOTE]

Put yourself in his shoes for a minute and imagine thinking you're helping people out by offering a great value on a decent Chinese amp and subs counting on volume to actually turn a profit. Now you're automatically attracting the absolute bottom of the barrel for buyers. Guys like Papermaker are literally geniuses by comparison to who that guy has to deal with day and night.

Figure dozens of times a day someone wires up power and ground in reverse, shorts speaker terminals, wires down to 1/4 ohm, spills beer into the amp.... you name it, then they call/email him with "I don't know what happened, it was working fine then just blew up".

Endless stupid questions and people trying to defraud him and probably 100 other nickel and dimers trying to haggle on something that's already WalMart priced. Meanwhile, like I said, after his operating expense, legit factory defects, plus any other returns/warranties he has to eat he is really probably lucky to make 20$ per amp and he still has bills to pay, likely works 60+ hour weeks, doesn't know the definition of the phrase "day off".

There's a reason all these newbie companies who come out the gate with an inexpensive product wind up raising the price 50-70% when and if they actually manage to stay afloat for half a year, and the reason is that there's more "cost" in selling this stuff and you can't just add 20% to whatever China charges you for the equipment and stay in business.

When you get a snappy answer from someone running a small business, consider for a moment that's probably the 100th time this week he has had to waste his time replying to the same stupid question and he's probably inches away from driving a box truck through a crowd of people. Or all you guys who are butthurt can cob together your money and buy a shipping container full of Chinese amps yourselves and try to deal with the car audio marketplace. I wager few of the people who criticize this would fare any better after a year or two actually trying to deal with what those guys have to put up with.

Or complain until he goes out of business and the next guy will fill the niche; losing money or breaking even and treating everyone like gold for a year or two until he burns out and looses his cool on someone. Rinse and repeat.

Put yourself in his shoes for a minute and imagine thinking you're helping people out by offering a great value on a decent Chinese amp and subs counting on volume to actually turn a profit. Now you're automatically attracting the absolute bottom of the barrel for buyers. Guys like Papermaker are literally geniuses by comparison to who that guy has to deal with day and night.
Figure dozens of times a day someone wires up power and ground in reverse, shorts speaker terminals, wires down to 1/4 ohm, spills beer into the amp.... you name it, then they call/email him with "I don't know what happened, it was working fine then just blew up".

Endless stupid questions and people trying to defraud him and probably 100 other nickel and dimers trying to haggle on something that's already WalMart priced. Meanwhile, like I said, after his operating expense, legit factory defects, plus any other returns/warranties he has to eat he is really probably lucky to make 20$ per amp and he still has bills to pay, likely works 60+ hour weeks, doesn't know the definition of the phrase "day off".

There's a reason all these newbie companies who come out the gate with an inexpensive product wind up raising the price 50-70% when and if they actually manage to stay afloat for half a year, and the reason is that there's more "cost" in selling this stuff and you can't just add 20% to whatever China charges you for the equipment and stay in business.

When you get a snappy answer from someone running a small business, consider for a moment that's probably the 100th time this week he has had to waste his time replying to the same stupid question and he's probably inches away from driving a box truck through a crowd of people. Or all you guys who are butthurt can cob together your money and buy a shipping container full of Chinese amps yourselves and try to deal with the car audio marketplace. I wager few of the people who criticize this would fare any better after a year or two actually trying to deal with what those guys have to put up with.

Or complain until he goes out of business and the next guy will fill the niche; losing money or breaking even and treating everyone like gold for a year or two until he burns out and looses his cool on someone. Rinse and repeat.
100%.

We have to weed through people trying to defraud us, our dealers, being false vendors wanting new business, then the customer base illegally using their bank and paypal's policies maliciously to try and get free products through us or our dealers because we are contracted by several companies to be the only authorized importer for said brands, etc..

We get it, there is only one source and it's harder to manipulate that source and dealers to get what you want for black market prices but the more it happens, the stronger we get and the more aggressive our tactics get.

It's funny in the end on some occasions where an honest customer gets shut down with a canceled order due to suspicious contact information, address, context of conversations, etc... When it's a mistake.

But it's better to be safe than sorry.

This year alone, we have won every chargeback ever filed against us due to people trying to scam us.

We have had to get Paypal pay US back personally out of their own money from claims filed that satisfied the buyer protection but still would favor the seller in a court of law. Those are interesting to say the least..

We get people who buy our products to contact us back 2 months later asking if we would buy it back from them because they want to change to something else..

I can keep going and going.. But the matter is and many better or should understand this very clearly.

We may all be buddy buddy online, at shows, etc..

But..

All of us companies are BUSINESSES.

When a customer makes a transaction, it's no longer "buddy buddy", it's business.

Many people tend to forget or misunderstand why one's "tone" changes from talking about a product to then buying it.

Anyone caught lying, stealing, etc, We have Zero Tolerance.

Our policy is simple-

People who fall under that is permanently blacklisted from not only all the brands we import but the list is sent to all of our dealers and they have a choice to blacklist them from all of the brands they sell as well.

Mess up once bad and it can have permanent consequences for your audio addiction.

We used to be a customer a long time ago and know how it feels to get what you want after working forever to get it.

We see all these threads of people lying and getting their money and products from people illegally.

We put our foot down 2 years ago to stop any further actions from anyone who tries that with us or our team.

This was to further expand on what hispls was saying but we continuously expand our anti-fraud screens to continue business while still staying a public business.

Business is no joke compared to what customers have to watch out for.

I completely agree with both statements above and I do understand that owners have to deal with tons of stuff. I simple sorry we can't do that though would've been cool. No matter how mad I got I would never tell a potential customer gtfo....especially when they have ordered multiple times from me in the past. To me that like saying f you. I want your cash but truly don't care about anything else. Which in a freee economy that is the #1 goal to make money yes. But all I was asking as a repeate customer if he'd be willing to give a 10% discount basically. He could've politely said no. And I get the fraud thing but I was willing to pay him on the spot for it. That's all. Yes the scammers and d bags are ruining things but there are still some of us good guys out there. I'll just stack up and keep my eye out for deal.

I would do the same OP...screw businesses that want to get all jive *** with their customers for absolutely no reason.

Their response was not diplomatic at all. Unfortunately, you tend to get a lot of attitude in the CA industry.

I fully get these reps get 1000s of questions like "will you sponsor me and give me free gear?" Or "I accidentally installed it wrong and blew it up but is it still warrantied?" Etc...I really do. But I know in my job if told any contractor I was looking to hire that your going to do it for my price or gtfo the school board would fire me that day. Now if I said I'm sorry to inform you that I cannot except that bid however my budget is X amount of dollars and I have to stick to that budget by policy that would be completely acceptable. Or I could just be butthurt over 20$ or whatever but being told basiclly to FUUCCKK off means I'll take my business else where. Now cab 1600s are nice little 200$ amps and my 200$ isn't going to make or break the company and at the end of the day they really could care less about my 200$ for sure. But I promise you wouldn't see any big name company tell someone gtfo. Now yes they may sell you b stock as new //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif but they wouldn't snap like that. Idk. I've said my big and I'm out. Been trying to justify dropping a good chunk of coin on a good Korean amp and it justs helped make the descision. Plus it's almost winter time up here so there's bound to be a good deal popping up soon. There was a IA 20.1 for 250$ I missed out on by 30 minutes last week //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

I simple sorry we can't do that though would've been cool. No matter how mad I got I would never tell a potential customer gtfo...
You say this until you spend a couple years 3-4 hours every day answering the same question from dozens of people. You really can't imagine it until you've done that sort of online retail business for a couple few years. It's like a 3-4 hour road trip with kids screeching "are we there yet" in the back seat every single day. Yeah the fist few thousand times you're polite and after a while you start getting a little buggy.

My mom and dad owned carnival equipment (rides,few games and a few food wagons) and I grew in that business. Yes I was a carnie. And believe me I have been there getting told to eat ***** on a every day basis. From Michigan to Texas and everywhere in between I've been told to F off for trying to earn a buck. Ive worked very hard to get to where I am today and give my daughter a good life not out there like I had to grow up in. I've left a lot of money on the table for a normal job. I've had two cab1600s for me and one for buddy come to my town so 600$ and a simple question get told to Fu(k off?!? I personally find it unacceptable to talk to someone like that as a customer service rep. Weird I'm being made the bad guy a little. I've moved on and looking to bigger and better thing though and am over it. Just wanted to share my friendly experience. That's all. At the end of the day I found it rude. But that was just my opinion.

Basically from 16 years old to 22 I asked people if they wanted to play the game every Wednsday through Sunday over and over and over and over.........and got told to shove it constantly. Extremely frustrating. But when people asked if they could get x amount of darts for 10$ instead of 7 I never told them to take the 7 or fu(k off. My dad would've whipped the crap out of me and I knew that's not how you treat people when your trying to sell something.

Basically from 16 years old to 22 I asked people if they wanted to play the game every Wednsday through Sunday over and over and over and over.........and got told to shove it constantly. Extremely frustrating. But when people asked if they could get x amount of darts for 10$ instead of 7 I never told them to take the 7 or fu(k off. My dad would've whipped the crap out of me and I knew that's not how you treat people when your trying to sell something.
I am with you and I have had my own businesses and would never dream of talking to a potential customer that way let alone a returning customer ! A simple no would suffice and even better, a quick explanation that they are probably non clearing too much more than that after overhead and you probably would have bought it anyways ! Now your both pissed off so how did that help his business ? And if he hates answering all the questions maybe he should find another business to be in ? Just my opinion :/

If anything it was a favor to me. Made me decide to pull up my big boy pants,stop spending money on Chinese amps(not knocking them) and buy a Korean 2.5-3.5k like a bc3500,twisted 2.8k, etc...

It could be the cheapest company trying to build an empire or the most respected company like Alpine or Stillwatter Designs (Kicker for all you newbies!!) , that's still no excuse to tell someone to gtfo or some profanity email to a customer asking a non-violent question. I thought it was non-threatening too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...