never buying cab again/wtb .5 stable amp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lbetts818

CarAudio.com Elite
Just looking to see if anyone has something used. 200$ or less. Need to handle .5 but before I buy another cab1600 I figured id ask here first. Yes I'm looking for a unicorn but figured why not ask. Need something to push two fu1250s and on a budget for now. If not thanks anyways guys. Not picky on brands.

Last edited by a moderator:
You say this until you spend a couple years 3-4 hours every day answering the same question from dozens of people. You really can't imagine it until you've done that sort of online retail business for a couple few years. It's like a 3-4 hour road trip with kids screeching "are we there yet" in the back seat every single day. Yeah the fist few thousand times you're polite and after a while you start getting a little buggy.
I worked retail for several years and never told a customer to GTFO.. No matter how frustrated I got, because the basic rule of business is YOU WANT THEIR MONEY! We used to have a saying, a happy customer is likely to tell 2-3 people of their experience with us. A Unhappy customer is likely going to tell 100's of people how bad of an experience they had.

Let's not forget, CAB is a distributor of someone else's work, there whole company is based on one thing and that is selling product and handling customer issues. If they can't handle the business of answering customer questions in a professional manner they won't be around long.

both people are dicks in this situation, just for different reasons lol

What did I do wrong exactly? Please explain lol. Because I asked as a repeate buyer if he'd give me 20$ off what would've been the 4th amp I've ordered from them? I had 180$ and some change in my checking and figured if he would sweet. If not I wait till payday and move on. Also in a previous email I was told when ready to get another shoot him a email which I took it as since I already bought three he'd give me a deal on the 4th. Either way time for some crown royal and seven up. Y'all have a good night and try and remember at the end of the day this is a hobby. These are all first world problems. I gave them to me lots of money (600$) then told to go f myself after asking for 20$ break. If he would've flat out said no I can't do that guess what? I would've ordered one full price anyways because I like the amps. I ran two at .5 and drove them into the dirt voltage wise and they took it all day. I have nothing but good to say about the products and which him/them nothing but success and good luck in the future. Time to have a few drinks and watch a movie or two with the wife. I'm out.

Yup...that's part of customer service....prob pretty high stressed jobs answering the same questions day in day out. But you know what? That's part of the job title. Don't like it, then either transfer to another dept. or quit and do something different. That's why I don't do it....I'd be in jail if I did, dealing with dumb people.

What did I do wrong exactly? Please explain lol. Because I asked as a repeate buyer if he'd give me 20$ off what would've been the 4th amp I've ordered from them? I had 180$ and some change in my checking and figured if he would sweet. If not I wait till payday and move on. Also in a previous email I was told when ready to get another shoot him a email which I took it as since I already bought three he'd give me a deal on the 4th. Either way time for some crown royal and seven up. Y'all have a good night and try and remember at the end of the day this is a hobby. These are all first world problems. I gave them to me lots of money (600$) then told to go f myself after asking for 20$ break. If he would've flat out said no I can't do that guess what? I would've ordered one full price anyways because I like the amps. I ran two at .5 and drove them into the dirt voltage wise and they took it all day. I have nothing but good to say about the products and which him/them nothing but success and good luck in the future. Time to have a few drinks and watch a movie or two with the wife. I'm out.
we're not talking about a dealer for a high cost product with substantial margins, unless you consider mass sales. you're going to probably the lowest cost amplifier in that ranges producer and asking them for a discount after your own personal situation caused you to sell your previous amplifiers. the price is already as low as its going to get. doesnt mean you should have received that response, but you did.. he'll get plenty of flack for it

we're not talking about a dealer for a high cost product with substantial margins, unless you consider mass sales. you're going to probably the lowest cost amplifier in that ranges producer and asking them for a discount after your own personal situation caused you to sell your previous amplifiers. the price is already as low as its going to get. doesnt mean you should have received that response, but you did.. he'll get plenty of flack for it
Asking for a discount politely isn't being a ****. If you ever bought a car I am assuming you didn't pay sticker. Heck if you ever bought anything online from ABT you would know inquiring for a discount is encouraged.

Since he likely gets asked for a discount multiple times a day, he could have a canned response that politely says no.

That is a very fair and valid point from a 3rd party perspective. And the only reason I asked was it's what I had and in a previous email was told to shoot him one when I was ready for another amp. So I did. Like I said. Cab 1600=best amp for 200$ I've had. Wish them nothing but the best and I'm pretty sure they will find a way to manage with out my money. My thing was being told to gtfo. That's all. At the end of the day of we were all together and had a beer it would be good times and positive vibes. This is for real my last comment regarding it. What's done is done. They will sell 1000s of amps I will find something else and in a week nobody will remember this thread. John will still be kidnapping wemon,gramps will be gramps, and we all hate papermaker. The more thing change the more they stay the same. Everyone have a good night/weekend

If they can't handle the business of answering customer questions in a professional manner they won't be around long.
Considering what people get away with in this business I doubt him being snappy with someone trying to haggle price will put him out of business. People still buy CT Sounds and Coleman burned his buildhouse for 300,000$ and sold a bunch of amps that caught fire. People still buy Boss and Soundstream and that's absolute garbage. If you put a big power rating on something and charge a low enough price you'll sell it. Particularly in this case where by all accounts the stuff is actually a very good value for the money.

I don't fault OP at all for taking his business elsewhere. The industry is full of people who will treat you special and it's probably time to step up to better quality anyway, but I also can understand giving sarcastic answers to buyer's questions. I've done it, and trust me, this isn't going to put CAB out of business.

That is a very fair and valid point from a 3rd party perspective. And the only reason I asked was it's what I had and in a previous email was told to shoot him one when I was ready for another amp. So I did. Like I said. Cab 1600=best amp for 200$ I've had. Wish them nothing but the best and I'm pretty sure they will find a way to manage with out my money. My thing was being told to gtfo. That's all. At the end of the day of we were all together and had a beer it would be good times and positive vibes. This is for real my last comment regarding it. What's done is done. They will sell 1000s of amps I will find something else and in a week nobody will remember this thread. John will still be kidnapping wemon,gramps will be gramps, and we all hate papermaker. The more thing change the more they stay the same. Everyone have a good night/weekend
I've been wanting to try Brazilian so if you ever want a 3500 I'll let you have mine for 450

I like the SSA IC2200.1 idea. Killer amplifier for sure. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...