Neo Ferrite Wini and other questions.

keep us posted on if you get a reply or not.
I included the fact I already own 4 of their woofers and want to buy a 5th depending on their answer lol.
Will post if I get a response. Might look at ssa in the meantime or start upgrading my electric and sound dead 💀

I included the fact I already own 4 of their woofers and want to buy a 5th depending on their answer lol.
Will post if I get a response. Might look at ssa in the meantime or start upgrading my electric and sound dead 💀

you looking to do an sql, spl build or ? Ported or sealed and how much power? Don’t be doing things azz backwards, if you gonna run a lot of power it’s wise to upgrade the electrical first 😂. I think when it comes to that we all do it azz backwards lol.

you looking to do an sql, spl build or ? Ported or sealed and how much power? Don’t be doing things azz backwards, if you gonna run a lot of power it’s wise to upgrade the electrical first 😂. I think when it comes to that we all do it azz backwards lol.
Well. In my defense their build time is a few weeks out so I planned to prepare during that time frame.
It's just my daily I'm tinkering around with trying to hold onto some kind of budget.
I want to play pretty low at high volume and I really only have room for one 12 because I sacrificed one back seat in a crew cab. but if I do an external port under the other seats I know I can get close to 4 cubes net and might have to get a 15 😅 or two 10s. I have to sleep on it a few nights or make a drunk decision I don't know know what I want. 🤣

Well. In my defense their build time is a few weeks out so I planned to prepare during that time frame.
It's just my daily I'm tinkering around with trying to hold onto some kind of budget.
I want to play pretty low at high volume and I really only have room for one 12 because I sacrificed one back seat in a crew cab. but if I do an external port under the other seats I know I can get close to 4 cubes net and might have to get a 15 😅 or two 10s. I have to sleep on it a few nights or make a drunk decision I don't know know what I want. 🤣

I can't give you time frame for the neo subs. But I ordered 2 team 18s, stage 2 cooling, push terminals just after Thanksgiving. It'll be at my house tomorrow. I also felt like "oh it's a 45 day lead time. I got hella time" sheeeet lol

If getting low is the goal are you open to running sealed? With 4 cubes you could do 2 12’s sealed with some nasty low end depending on the sub 😈

If getting low is the goal are you open to running sealed? With 4 cubes you could do 2 12’s sealed with some nasty low end depending on the sub 😈
Well. I guess I need to take it into consideration. I do enjoy the volume of ported. Now I've got even more to think about 😅

Well. I guess I need to take it into consideration. I do enjoy the volume of ported. Now I've got even more to think about 😅

double the cone area, double the power, double the fun down low 😂. 2 of the right 12’s in a pickup truck will be pretty nasty. Do you have an idea of how much power you want to run?

My second question is how much can I rely on WiniSD to give me the truth? Can it compare woofer output?
I find it's a good predictor. No modelling will tell you what the acoustic properties of the room (your car) will add or take away though, you'll figure this out with some measuring equipment and testing. I do not believe we can accurately predict output in a sense of one sub vs another with that sort of software.

As far as neo, it really depends on the design of the motor, but at the very top end of SPL competition everybody seems to use them and I can assure you the guys that fill their body panels with cement aren't worried about weight savings. Now will they really pull away from the pack for anything you're trying to do, probably not, but in the case of the Fi for example they're about comparably priced to comparable subs with ferrite magnets so for comparable performance they've managed to make it a wash.

Generally speaking all the distortion reducing technologies you can get will lose efficiency as will things that increase power handling.

I will say that Sundown X is a very inefficient woofer and I would avoid it. The Fi neo subs have all been good for the price IMO.

I find it's a good predictor. No modelling will tell you what the acoustic properties of the room (your car) will add or take away though, you'll figure this out with some measuring equipment and testing. I do not believe we can accurately predict output in a sense of one sub vs another with that sort of software.

As far as neo, it really depends on the design of the motor, but at the very top end of SPL competition everybody seems to use them and I can assure you the guys that fill their body panels with cement aren't worried about weight savings. Now will they really pull away from the pack for anything you're trying to do, probably not, but in the case of the Fi for example they're about comparably priced to comparable subs with ferrite magnets so for comparable performance they've managed to make it a wash.

Generally speaking all the distortion reducing technologies you can get will lose efficiency as will things that increase power handling.

I will say that Sundown X is a very inefficient woofer and I would avoid it. The Fi neo subs have all been good for the price IMO.
Thank you for all the information it's very helpful. I've still got some decisions to make. I may have to sell some equipment before I buy more.
I haven't heard either sub and the only experience I have with fi is the btl4s I own.
I enjoy them and haven't heard many bad things about fi. I'll be working on my truck's electrical and finalizing space available today.
Thanks again.

double the cone area, double the power, double the fun down low 😂. 2 of the right 12’s in a pickup truck will be pretty nasty. Do you have an idea of how much power you want to run?
Well. Im at 1700 right now and was thinking cab 22 or whatever it's called.
The cab 45? I think, isn't that far away budget wise, but I dont want to add any Batts. I'd have a mechman 400 and my yellowtop if I went that route.

If you look at the neo 3x they have and compare it to the ferrite HC series, the standard neo is $499 and the HC is $459. The cost difference isn’t much but if you look at motor force the HC series is still better. In order to get the neo to be comparable you need to upgrade to the 3x.9 which adds another $200 to the price. The efficiency is nearly the same along with power handling and xmax. Neo is almost always more expensive to achieve the same force but it does take less of it. I do agree that for $240 ish more overall they are achieving it for a cost that is less than others. The comparable sundowns is what $1200? I’d say Fi is most definitely providing it at a much lower cost and it does seem to spec better on paper!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...