Neo Ferrite Wini and other questions.

The comparable sundowns is what $1200?
The Sundown is quite a different animal though. Sure priced high because Sundown but they are really good performers.
Still though, the entry level Fi neo seems a decent price point. I've used N2 version myself and seen a few of the Fi neo subs around here and all perform well.

The Sundown is quite a different animal though. Sure priced high because Sundown but they are really good performers.
Still though, the entry level Fi neo seems a decent price point. I've used N2 version myself and seen a few of the Fi neo subs around here and all perform well.

have you ever run the Fi in a sealed enclosure? If so how big and how was the low end output? Even tho I build myself I still Will try things out to how they compare. Might have to pick one of these up but I can’t stand a sub that is weak down low.

If you look at the neo 3x they have and compare it to the ferrite HC series, the standard neo is $499 and the HC is $459. The cost difference isn’t much but if you look at motor force the HC series is still better. In order to get the neo to be comparable you need to upgrade to the 3x.9 which adds another $200 to the price. The efficiency is nearly the same along with power handling and xmax. Neo is almost always more expensive to achieve the same force but it does take less of it. I do agree that for $240 ish more overall they are achieving it for a cost that is less than others. The comparable sundowns is what $1200? I’d say Fi is most definitely providing it at a much lower cost and it does seem to spec better on paper!
I popped on a FI HC 12.
I didn't want to fight to squeeze a 15 and I I figured in the end a single good 12 ported would fit my needs and be cheaper than 2 good ones sealed.
I can build a proper box in my space for this.
Anyways. Anyone have any amp recommendations. Around 3k or 3500 so it can keep up after box rise? I dont wanna spend 800. I saw the cab 45 but that might be too much juice.
I'll be ordering an alt tomorrow.

I popped on a FI HC 12.
I didn't want to fight to squeeze a 15 and I I figured in the end a single good 12 ported would fit my needs and be cheaper than 2 good ones sealed.
I can build a proper box in my space for this.
Anyways. Anyone have any amp recommendations. Around 3k or 3500 so it can keep up after box rise? I dont wanna spend 800. I saw the cab 45 but that might be too much juice.
I'll be ordering an alt tomorrow.

Taramps, Sundown, or Deaf Bonce should have some good choices for an amp for you.

Smart3
MD3000
SFB3K
SIA3500
Aab2900.1

have you ever run the Fi in a sealed enclosure? If so how big and how was the low end output? Even tho I build myself I still Will try things out to how they compare. Might have to pick one of these up but I can’t stand a sub that is weak down low.
No, and never seen it done, and I think pretty much all their offerings I've seen are really more engineered to be used in ported alignment. Haven't modeled any in 4th order either but from my experience if you want decently flat/wide bandwidth you're usually doing better with something that'll perform well sealed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...