Needs a new sub for my hatchback

What do you guys think about the Kicker S12L7? It's 750W RMS and supposed to get loud. With the original ported Kicker case for example.

08vs12l74.jpg

Good or not? As I'm mostly looking for SPL and this box would fit my trunk perfectly. Is the enclosure optimal for this sub?

Get's loud. Prefab box is not my favorite.
Alright.

I cannot go over 20" (width) x 16" (depth) if I want to keep my things right. The prefab one is 18" wide and 18" deep, which isn't the best as the sub will be right in the window. I own a Toyota Yaris hatchback. A hatchback enclosure would be great (I mean with a little angle for the sub). There is almost nothing on eBay. On sonicelectronix.com, there is no much for square subs.

What I can do is buy a 10"/12" round sub enclosure and mod it a little bit to fit the square sub. What's your suggestion for a Yaris hatchback?

Alright.
I cannot go over 20" (width) x 16" (depth) if I want to keep my things right. The prefab one is 18" wide and 18" deep, which isn't the best as the sub will be right in the window. I own a Toyota Yaris hatchback. A hatchback enclosure would be great (I mean with a little angle for the sub). There is almost nothing on eBay. On sonicelectronix.com, there is no much for square subs.

What I can do is buy a 10"/12" round sub enclosure and mod it a little bit to fit the square sub. What's your suggestion for a Yaris hatchback?
I have a SX4 hatchback, so I'm in a similar boat. PM me with any questions.

I have a SX4 hatchback' date=' so I'm in a similar boat. PM me with any questions.[/quote']Well, my question is just over here.

I'm measuring everything since an hour or so and the prefab box would fit with the amp on his side.

But the top of the box would almost hit the window as I've already said, so the sub itself would be really near it. Does it change anything? The port is on the side. I have a little plastic box on the other half of my trunk with a lot of things that I need to carry. The port would be aside this box.

For a small hatch' date=' sub up/port side or back would be nice.[/quote']
Really great idea, thanks.

Or I can put it on the side (so that I can still put things over the enclosure). As you can see on the trunk picture, the plastics on the side aren't right angled. There's a lot of unusable space that could be available for the port.

This would be the perfect match: http://cgi.cafr.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350364312991&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:fr

Sub/port up, so 14.25" deep and 16" wide. Don't care about the height. I would put it on the right of my trunk, so that the port would be almost in the center of the trunk and the wires on the right side (that's exactly where my wires are actually).

No information on the volume or the tuning of the port. What do you think? It should get louder than any 10" Type-R, yeah?

Final result:

http://webftp.dnll.net/dnLL/public/000.jpg

http://webftp.dnll.net/dnLL/public/111.jpg

Sounds A LOT better than my 10" Type-R. I mean REALLY better. As for the SPL, it's a little bit better too but I'm not pushing my amp to his max actually as my wire kit is too small (good gauge 8). I've just bought a knukonceptz.com gauge 4 (which is actually rated AWG 2.83) but I've not received yet.

In short, I got what I want: more space in my trunk, a little more SPL (well probably a lot more once I will get my new wire kit) and of course the ability to push a little more my amp (and to don't blow up another sub in a year or less).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.