what coil(s) fit my 3" motor???

Participant count
  • Participant list

thegreatestpenn
5,000+ posts

lazy genius
columbus
just bought a new motor to play with. Comes off a hifonics asx 12" sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif.

The motor uses 3" coil, ID 1/8" OD 3 3/16", 2 1/8" deep and magnet diameter is 8 3/8". 2 .75" slugs, thin top and bottom plates (2.5" motor height total).

Trying to figure out what kind of coils will fit in such a tight gap. Any insight is appreciated, here come the pics

5lz5tk.jpg

2lkablv.jpg

6sbayb.jpg

oa6ba0.jpg

take the tape off and post pix of gap. you need to measure exactly the pole od and top plate id with calipers. giving measurments +/- 1/16(.0315) is not good.

if you need any help just pm me...

ok now take a close pix of the old coil but start at the 1" mark too much slack at the end. that is a pretty tight gap but probley could find a 4layer flat wound to fit.

ur gonna have to find a pair of calipers and measure only way to do it. go to a local napa autoparts store i know they have cheap plastic calipers they use. that will get you pretty close.

pole od and top plate id is what you need.

they top plate may need to be removed and bored to get a decent coil in there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.