needing help with wiring of head unit

Participant count
  • Participant list

curren

CarAudio.com Newbie
A bit new to this but i am looking for a little bit of help, i cant seem to find any ground,power,illumination,constant 12v wires any help would be appreciated, 2005 mitsubshi lancer wagon model...

Where is the rest of the harness i.e the plug it has on the end of it that plugs into the OEM radio. You are best to just buy the wiring harness that it needs and the wires will match up very easy then vs cutting off the OEM harness and trying to figure things out. Those harnesses are not all that expensive 5-15 bucks and worth every penny.

Where is the rest of the harness i.e the plug it has on the end of it that plugs into the OEM radio. You are best to just buy the wiring harness that it needs and the wires will match up very easy then vs cutting off the OEM harness and trying to figure things out. Those harnesses are not all that expensive 5-15 bucks and worth every penny.
when i got the car it didnt have a harness or a head unit in the car and it seemed like most wires were missing or cut somewhere that i cant see besides the ones in the picture, tried finding a wiring diagram for it but none of them match, im sure its a 14 pin but there are only 8 wires even after searching for a bit.

Yeah someone did a hack and cut job instead of spending the few bucks and doing it right then.

See if you can take the part numbers here from Scoshe and get them in your country or something like it. As what you need is a factory replacement harness then a harness that plugs into that from your aftermarket radio.

This search on eBay should help as well with some part numbers. Then as I said you reconnect the oem style harness to the wires as they should match up then. Then buy said other harness that plugs into it so you can just match up the wire colors to the harness coming out of the aftermarket radio.

Yeah someone did a hack and cut job instead of spending the few bucks and doing it right then.

See if you can take the part numbers here from Scoshe and get them in your country or something like it. As what you need is a factory replacement harness then a harness that plugs into that from your aftermarket radio.

This search on eBay should help as well with some part numbers. Then as I said you reconnect the oem style harness to the wires as they should match up then. Then buy said other harness that plugs into it so you can just match up the wire colors to the harness coming out of the aftermarket radio.

ill check it out thanks for the help 👍. will the rest of the missing wires be a issue at all...? since being a 14 pin originally and only having 8 wires in the car now.

thank you bro ill
thanks bro 😄 could u help with finding a wire diagram at all 😅
Use this as a testing guide:
Screenshot_20211012-085814(1).png

It seems you are missing the harness for the rear speakers. It should be in there somewhere, or those other blue wires poking out the bottom might be their replacements. Use a multimeter to determine if this pinout is correct.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211012-085814.png
    Screenshot_20211012-085814.png
    93 KB · Views: 123
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...