Needing help subs make a weird cracking noise

Participant count
  • Participant list
are you running the amp mono or stereo?...if stereo, you are only using 50wrms, assuming the amp is not overrated, which in actuality, you might only have 20-30 watts of power available per channel. How much of that is not distorted, who knows?...the manufacturer states THD as

you see where I am going with this....the crackling could be from just about anything with that amp, from my perspective. Could be a single strand of speaker wire touching something, could be a faulty rca, could very well be just the amp in general.

Nah I checked it out it was the box, i took the subs out of the box hooked up each sub to a different channel its a 2 channel amp which is not good for these subs. I need to get a mono block

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

You got plenty of space 30"h x 40.5"w x 65"d even triple baffled, double walled with bracing. What vehicle is this going in may I ask?
They should work. I have 6.5s in my lower door to replace the 8" subs that came with my mustang. They are fantastic, and outperform the 6 x 8s...
I'd also recommend that at the very least, you deaden the doors with some sort of mass layer like this Siless Max 120 mil (3mm) 30 sqft Car Sound...
Got it figured out! Thankfully a friend just found out about KunKonceptz UBT-20 terminal adapters that allow multiple connections to my type 94...
Turn the volume completely down and operate ot normally. This is to see if it is the built in amplifier that is shutting down. If the radio does...

About this thread

TheRealARW

10+ year member
TheRealARW
Austin,TX
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from