itsblown
10+ year member

why is there smoke?
Toledo OH
Alright guys Im getting tint tomorrow morning. I Drive this

03FocusSVT4.jpg

for a pic of a real car click here

2003 ford focus svt

I was thinking of doing 5% on the back passenger windows and back hatch and leaving the front windows blank because its illegal to have any tint on them in Michigan. But I thought that having no tint and than 5% might look stupid. So i thought about throwing 50% upfront and 5% in the back what do you guys think?

wish i could tint my fronts, and my windshield //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
Its illegal here. We arent supposed to have anything on the fronts more than 4" or 6" from the top. Its for cop safety. Ive had tint on my vehicles like this for 8+ years. Never have I once been pulled over for window tint alone and never have I been given a ticket for it. Only verbal warnings when Ive been pulled over for other offenses.

Up here in maine its 35% fronts & windshield, rears are whatever you want.

Oh, also, there are no noise ordinance laws up here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

wish i could tint my fronts, and my windshield //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
hmmm whats your opinions on the look though? go 50-5 35-5 or just leave it. Cause here in michigan its no tint on the fronts

wait you live in michigan maybe I will be good. I was thinking of going 50-5 but after looking up pics of 50% its hardly a noticeable difference where as 35 looks good and a bit darker. I live right on the border and spend alot of time in Toledo Im assuming cops there have more important stuff to do than pull me over for tint and if I do have to remove it its only 20 bucks gone (thats how much the guys charging me to do the fronts)

I'd probably tint everything as much as you legally can.
What he said. I dont know your laws, but around here, your just asking for a ticket if you tint your front windshield. I mean really, you'll be lucky if you make it 5 minutes before getting pulled. A strip is OK, but you cant do the whole thing. 5% is also illegal here as well. I believe its something like 33% thats the limit.

What he said. I dont know your laws, but around here, your just asking for a ticket if you tint your front windshield. I mean really, you'll be lucky if you make it 5 minutes before getting pulled. A strip is OK, but you cant do the whole thing. 5% is also illegal here as well. I believe its something like 33% thats the limit.
DITTO nc *****... i got a warning for some sun shades in my rear side windows WTF

we can tint the back glass and rears as dark as you want. front doors 35 and a 6 inch brow is legal. my fronts are 20 and back are 5. been like that for 5 years and never got pulled over

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.