Need very sensitive (efficient) 6.5" comp set

Talk Audio - Speakers - Component

Guys, take a look at the reviews on this UK site. Not only do they give a general impression of what the speakers sound like - a major plus over their colonial counterparts - but they test for sensitivity. More accurately, it's a somewhat crude combination of sensitivity and compression, but it does lead to a functionally relevant result. It's interesting to note the manufacturer's sensitivity claims and the aural results.

I've been reading DLS reviews and the C6A seems to be particularly sensitive. Does anyone have any experience with them or any DLS lower-end speaker? Maybe I should start a more topic-specific thread.

If you guys get a chance, please have a look at my other thread. I could really use a hand with scaling an enclosure. Thanks!

Talk Audio - Speakers - Component
Guys, take a look at the reviews on this UK site. Not only do they give a general impression of what the speakers sound like - a major plus over their colonial counterparts - but they test for sensitivity. More accurately, it's a somewhat crude combination of sensitivity and compression, but it does lead to a functionally relevant result. It's interesting to note the manufacturer's sensitivity claims and the aural results.
not surprising they gave the HAT speakers a 9.6 but they gave bullet tweeters a 9.0, which had an 8.0 for sound quality while being reviewed as not musical... so... ratings are relative.

listen to speakers before you buy. every one sounds different.

Yes, the rating are relative and largely irrelevant, but that's not the point at least as it fits into the thread. It's the sensitivity aspect that's paramount, and an impression of something outside of manufacturers' specs. As I'm looking for sensitivity and no one has been able to fully address the issue as it relates to my choices, it's the best we've got. Unfortunately.

listen to speakers before you buy. every one sounds different.
...thanks for that. 30+ years of audio and such a revelation.

Does anyone have personal experience with the DLS speakers I mentioned? Where is JB, ciaonzo and the rest of the gang?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.