Need to identify problem with Sansui au-5900

Participant count
  • Participant list

Dozy_production
10+ year member

Poel
My left channel for both A and B speaker systems on this amp sound scratchy and have about 1/10th the output of the right channels. Just want to know whats going on and how to fix it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif thanks guys.

btw, this amp hasn't been serviced to my knowledge.

dont know how old the sansui is, but I remember cleaning the pots and the entire inside of the unit sometimes helped out with this problem

thanks for the replies. I'm assuming cleaning up the rest of the unit just means blowing some air around and wiping away the dust and whatnot. (yeah this is my first unit ever so im a bit noob at this) Second it seems like I need a diagram for the amp because I don't even know where to start with what certain type of caps i need, and how to clean pots (or even what pots are to begin with). I do have some electrical engineer friends around town, since I got to Cal Poly, so It seems that they can help with whatever you guys tell me //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.