need to do my first oil change in my new car.

one thing to note though is if you dont already have synthetic in your engine, mixing non-synth with synth can be bad. can form lumps, thicker spots, nothing good. what i did was completely drain it, put in synthetic-non-synthetic blend and a new filter, then the next time i went full synthetic with another filter change. havent had any issues, and the last time i dropped the pan, the oil looked awesome.

Are you reading what you are writing?

What exactly do you think a Synth-Blend oil is?

A mix of synthetic and non synthetic oils. That's what the "blend" is, unless you are suggesting the "blend" refers to pixie dust and the oils.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

anybody knows if royal purple actually increases HP?
also....how long can one go without an oil change when using this brand?

thank you
I've heard numerous good things about Royal Purple, but haven't ran it as a single overall lubricant in my whole car.

As far as the HP Increase, I'd bet it's likely true.

Hot Rod did a show a while back where they showed a roughly a 15HP gain on the dyno just by switching all the fluids in the car to Royal Purple.

I've also talked to a number of people at car shows over the last few years that have made similar claims about Royal Purple.

Change out intervals - Every 3k miles is recommended for standard oils.

Synthetics I'd recommend every 5-6k.

I'd personally never leave any oil in longer than that.

Though, I'm the type that changes standard oil every 2k and synthetic every 3k miles anyway.

In nearly 10 years of following this schedule, I've yet to have a single oil related problem.

Changing your oil is not only easy, but it's also cheap insurance.

even in poor cars, ive seen valvoline work wonders.. Although u wanna stick with what ur car has .. if its new its all ur decision... but me ... id recomend valvoline //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.