Which one?

DubbDesigns
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
KY
I have a 1995 Nissan Altima GXE Automatic 4 Spd. with a 2.5L 4Cyl. engine. It is an automatic which I do not like, plus the tranny is starting to act up.

I may sell this car to buy a:

(think it's an '88)Nissan 300ZX 3.0L V6 w/turbo 5Spd manual. It has less milage than my alty, and it is probably in better shape. I Know it's old, but it's fast. It registers 145, and my friend had it up to 120 on a curvy country road, so I am sure it can go faster. I don't like it cuz it's a T-Top, but I can always tint them super-duper black and seal them up pretty good.

So should I keep my alty, or get the 300z turbo

17 years old and wanting a turbo Z...

After you go get a quote on insurance for a turbo-charged 300ZX and your agent simply goes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif:greedy://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif I reckon you'll understand why I asked your age.

17 years old and wanting a turbo Z...
After you go get a quote on insurance for a turbo-charged 300ZX and your agent simply goes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif:greedy://content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif I reckon you'll understand why I asked your age.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif fast cars arent for younger drivers....they are either dumb or dont care enough to take care of them like they are supposed to....i had 2 turbo cars before i turned 18 and neither of them lasted 6 months i dont think....one cause i thought i was fast-n-furious...but after the airbags went off i realized that i needed to get something slow-n-ridiculous so i didnt kill myself....and the other one i just beat into the ground doing donuts and burnouts.

I can understand a 17 year old kid wanting a fast car just to drive fast all the time. I have had my liscense for a little over a year, and I have had no violations or wrecks. I am not really concerned about going fast, I just want to know when I lay down on the gas that it will go. I am more mature than most people my age, and I can understand why you would think that. When I first started driving, I was into all of that, but now I just want to know that the car can go fast if I wanted to.

Yea, I agree, insurance will probably be a killer, but with it being like an '88 it shouldn't be too bad.

I'm 20 now with a scion xa, yes not fast at all. But my first car was a street ported plus exhaust headers and other bolt ons Mazda Rx7 which I got when I was 17 built it from ground up. Insurance throu state farm was $200/mo no tickets or claims. and it was an '86. So question to u is what do u want the 300z for, just to drive around or project car. with any car that old its always a project. I liked my 7 but the project got a bit expensive, ended up sellin. Go for what u like but take into consideration your budget.

I kinda want it as a project car, but there is not a whole lot you can do to it. That makes me want to try to do stuff to it anyways. Mainly, my car has about had it, so I need a new car that is cheap and reliable. Most newer cars are not very reliable, so I am sticking with an older one. My insurance is $110/mo. liability. That isnt under my name, my mom added me to hers some how, and it raised hers $110/mo.

you mean '91 and older. I think the '91 is the same as the '92. Correct me if iam wrong.
if 92 and 91 are the same, wouldnt you wanna stay away from the 92 as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

yea, but... 91 is the first year that they made the z32 style. Actually... I would want to stay away from '90 and older. I want a '91-96 model, they look pretty sweet.

I can understand a 17 year old kid wanting a fast car just to drive fast all the time. I have had my liscense for a little over a year, and I have had no violations or wrecks. I am not really concerned about going fast, I just want to know when I lay down on the gas that it will go. I am more mature than most people my age, and I can understand why you would think that. When I first started driving, I was into all of that, but now I just want to know that the car can go fast if I wanted to.
Yea, I agree, insurance will probably be a killer, but with it being like an '88 it shouldn't be too bad.
It's model year will not have near so much to do with the risk factor assessed by the insurance company's actuarial tables when they do a cross-reference on "17 yrs old + turbocharger + manual tranny + coupe"
And my previously asking that wasn't a knock on your driving skills and/or driving record. It all becomes a matter (to me, anyway) of long-term cost of ownership ~ as you were asking which was the better option [in our opinion] between the two cars in question. When you're looking at somewhere around $300/month or better for insurance at 17, to me, it's just not worth it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

DubbDesigns

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
DubbDesigns
KY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date