Need temp sql sub...12" MTX9500 or 12" L7? 1000rms amp

5.0coug
10+ year member

Maryland
Im working at circuit city and need temp sub until the hdc3 15" comes out. I can get the 9500 for 235 with the mtx "sledgehammer" ported box or a L7 in the kicker ported box for about 180 but with all the reading ive been doing ive been getting mixed reviews about sq and spl for the both. My previous set ups include m3mojo, and the typical 2 12" type r's but if you had roughly 1000rms (xtant 1001x) which would you recommend? Leaning more towards sql then all out spl and it would b going into a 97 acura cl if that matters at all.

BTW dont mean to be repetitive with the "vs" thread but these are my only 2 options and i already did some backreading but could use some first hand input

MTX I do not like square subs do not ask me why but the MTX also has drawbacks like a heavy ass cone. You really will get about the same out of both probably more loudness out of the L7's so you really won't notice much of a difference. The L7's might hit a little lower too.

personally id spring for the mtx unless you listen to rap. L7 doesnt seem to have the control for quick transitions. dont have exp with the mtx but i would think it would sound much better.

MTX I do not like square subs do not ask me why but the MTX also has drawbacks like a heavy ass cone. You really will get about the same out of both probably more loudness out of the L7's so you really won't notice much of a difference. The L7's might hit a little lower too.
kind of a poor ass argument against.

id go kicker in this case, they've proven their worth time and time again.

i listen to rap 99% of the time including alot of jeezy, 36 mafia and alot of other artists with crazy basslines. Im just looking for opinoins on which can will have the best sql for the sitsuation.

personally id spring for the mtx unless you listen to rap. L7 doesnt seem to have the control for quick transitions. dont have exp with the mtx but i would think it would sound much better.
have you personally owned and messed with an L7? I hate the misconception that they don't have control for quick transitions..Put it in the proper box, and it can keep up easily...

Personally, I'd go with the L7. Just not a big fan of MTX.

I hate the misconception that they don't have control for quick transitions..Put it in the proper box, and it can keep up easily...
Well compared to something like a w6 (my buddy has one) my L7 gets pwned in transients lol.

im not a big fan of mtx but i say go with the l7. i havent owned either one of them but i do know that if your getting another sub later then id go with the sub that would be easier to sell and i see alot of l7's sell on this site.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.