need suggestions

Participant count
  • Participant list

naughtyca
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Tampa FL
Hello, I have the below installed on my car and being powered by Rockford PBR300X4 which is 75watts per channel. what route can I take to get more mids and highs?

Am I amplifying these speakers enough? or should I add another PBR and get speakers like 4 more 6.5's?

The PBR can only go 4ohms and cannot be bridged.

(2) Cadence XM-68HC Xenith 6.5" 300 watt 8 ohm Loud Mid Range Car Audio Speakers

(2) FX8M4 2 Cadence FX8M4 4 ohm 8" 250 Watt MidBass Driver Midrange Car Speakers

Thanks

No tweets? Add a component set. I think the lack of tweeters is the problem adding more 6.5's wont give you the highs your missing. I have at moment 1 sundown sd10 on 1500.1 amp and my mids and highs are a single set of 6" comps with tweeters and they are plenty.

sorry I actually still have my Bose tweeters, here's a diagram, not sure if I can use those open slots on the factory amp

MazdaBoseDiagram.jpg

what is your whole setup?I think a secent crossover may help too but I woud have done a Good component set up front with the mid drivers in rear then subs in back

Mixing aftermarket speakers and amplifiers with a factory amplified system and factory speakers is not going to yield the best results. You probably have your factory speakers getting overpowered by the aftermarket speakers, and turning up the volume high makes it sound like a mess. Of course this is just a guess since I can't listen to your system.

The strange thing is that we naturally think distortion sounds louder, so by getting all the speakers on less distorted, higher power you might at first think it's not as loud.

What I recommend is to plan to stop using the factory amplifier and speakers. A passive component system replacing your front upper left and right speakers with tweeters may help. Those 8 Ohm mids aren't really ideal for your amplifier. You're losing a bit of output because they're 8 Ohm drivers and not 4 Ohms.

How much money do you intend to put into this project?

the only thing left factory are the 80mm tweeters, i have upgraded the door speakers with these

(2) Cadence XM-68HC Xenith 6.5" 300 watt 8 ohm Loud Mid Range Car Audio Speakers

(2) FX8M4 2 Cadence FX8M4 4 ohm 8" 250 Watt MidBass Driver Midrange Car Speakers

I am using Rockford PBR 300x4 all running at 4ohms around 80watts per channel per birth sheet.

should i change my 80mm tweeters and get rid of the bose amp?

about the price, not really too concern on price, i am more concern on physical size of the amp, I like using the rockford PBR line since they are very compact.

if you look at the picture I can probably add another Rockford PBR amp

DSC_0422.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.