Need suggestions for a budget sub/amp setup.

Thrall
10+ year member

Ohio
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums here and new to the world of car audio as well. I'm looking to slowly upgrade my whole car's audio, starting with a sub, sub enclosure, and an amp. I have a 2001 Honda Accord Sedan with the stock 6 speaker setup and a budget of about $250-300 (for the sub, enclosure, and amp only). I have wires left over from a friend's build, so those don't need to be included in the build. I listen to a wide range of music, from country to dubstep, so I'm looking for a setup that will sound good with most types of music and that will favor audio quality over volume.

I was scanning over Cruthfield's website and am liking the Rockford Fosgate Punch P200-2 and their Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-1X12. I have a relatively large trunk, so I have room for a 12" or two, but I'd prefer to keep 2/3 of the trunk usable still. I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions or help that you guys can provide. Thanks!

I work at Electronic Express,for now, and they have had the 500 watt Kicker dx for 99.99 for the past week its a mono amp that does pretty good,put that on any dvc sub and let er rip

Just in case you still liked the Crutchfield products: you can get the Rockfrod Fosgate Punch P200-2 for less here

Rockford Fosgate Punch P200-2 - Lowest Prices & Best Deals on Rockford Fosgate Punch P200-2 - Pronto.com

And this is the other one you were looking at?

Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-1X12 - Lowest Prices & Best Deals on Rockford Fosgate Prime R1L-1X12 - Pronto.com

Unfortunately, this site doesn't offer any other prices for that specific product.

Good luck with assembling your setup though! Hope this helped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.