Need sub advice. Out of the industry for years. So many new brands!

Hello! After working in the industry from the age of 17 through 30 And being away for around 7 years, I have to say the amount of brands and types amazes me. I would say burnt out is an understatement at the time of departure from car audio, but now it seems the bug has bitten again. With a family and priorities it seems i am limited on room and price. Here is what I have and maybe some of you guys can help an old dash diver out.

2009 crown vic

Kenwood DD indash

JL audio 800/8

Diamond D6 1200.1

RF 360.3

PPI 3 way components (on a whim)

I have a set of kicker 8" midbass I can use but not sure yet.

2.1 cubic foot box. Already built to max sacrificable trunk dimensions. I may be able to rebuild a bit bigger but prefer not to.

Budget is ballpark 200 per sub.

End load of 1ohm

I listen to a variety. I know everyone says that but today is Dubstep/Trap, tomorrow will be Pink Floyd. Then Rick Ross. Im all over the map. Usually not jazz, blues, country, classical, or country.

Again it seems like it's always what I read but I want low extension but still clean punch. Ive always preferred a sealed box. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Check out FUAudio.com I'm running 2 12's on a simple Sundown SAE 1000 in a 4cf box @ 32hz, It sounds incredible for just the break in. I'm now up dating the rest of the speakers and amps to meet the power of the new amp doubling the power for the subs. The best sub for the price I have seen in some time.

American Bass XFL 12's is another sub just under 200. that will kick some ***. They will take some good clean power and **** off the neighbor's for 200 each. I paid 140. for each FU audio 750 subs shipped on sale. Think they are 170. each reg. Love my Sundown SA12's, DSS Ethos 12's, AB XFL 12's, FU 750 12's, but the Ethos sub are the best subs I have now. They were over 400 each and the FU 750's sound almost as good as the Ethos for under 200. Just to give you some back ground on my reply.

Here is what I have and maybe some of you guys can help an old dash diver out.

Diamond D6 1200.1

2.1 cubic foot box. Already built to max sacrificable trunk dimensions. I may be able to rebuild a bit bigger but prefer not to.

Budget is ballpark 200 per sub.

I listen to a variety. I know everyone says that but today is Dubstep/Trap, tomorrow will be Pink Floyd. Then Rick Ross. Im all over the map. Usually not jazz, blues, country, classical, or country.

Again it seems like it's always what I read but I want low extension but still clean punch. Ive always preferred a sealed box. Any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Your post is too confusing (needs more info)
You posted price per sub but by the sounds of your post your only planning on running one sub (you have a single box that I am assuming was used for a single 12 based on the size you listed).

What is your box tuned too ? (you also only posted cubic size and not what size sub/subs it uses). Are you trying to re-use this box ?

You say you prefer running sealed (is your current box sealed or ported ?).

I don't see how we can recommend anything (more info needed).

Your post is too confusing (needs more info)
You posted price per sub but by the sounds of your post your only planning on running one sub (you have a single box that I am assuming was used for a single 12 based on the size you listed).

What is your box tuned too ? (you also only posted cubic size and not what size sub/subs it uses). Are you trying to re-use this box ?

You say you prefer running sealed (is your current box sealed or ported ?).

I don't see how we can recommend anything (need info needed).
The box is sealed. 2 10 inch subs. 1200 watts. 200 per sub.

SSA GCON (SQ subwoofer, uses USA voice coil, motor is machined in house, and its designed to run well sealed).
GCON-10 Sound Solutions Audio 10" 750W GCON Series Subwoofer - SSA STORE

I don't think there's a 10 inch subwoofer under 200 bucks that will beat it (two of them on good power will last you forever; SSA products are high quality).
Exactly what I was looking for based on specs and reviews. Unfortunately the required d4 versions are out of stock. I will give then a shout and see Eta. Thank you!

Ive looked at those. Not bad looking at all.

I had my heart set on the gcons but no eta available as of now. It looks to be between the sundown sa10 d4 and the

Soundcubed hds310

I use to buy stuff on a whim but now it seems i probably over think most things. Thanks again for all your advice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.