Need Starting Point

Dkillett

Just bought a 2016 Ford Mustang with the 9 Speaker Shaker Stereo (no Sub). The sound in the car isn't terrible, but I know it can be better.

I want to retain the factory HU. From there what would be a good starting point to improve the sound.

My goal is having really good sound. Don't need to be heard from a mile away.

I know this can become expensive really quick, so with that said, this will be a project over time.

I believe the factory speakers are as follows:

Tweeters in A pillar.

3.5 in upper door

6.5 in lower door

6.5 coax in rear deck

3.5 in center dash

Amp in drivers footwell.

Thanks

Just bought a 2016 Ford Mustang with the 9 Speaker Shaker Stereo (no Sub). The sound in the car isn't terrible, but I know it can be better.
I want to retain the factory HU. From there what would be a good starting point to improve the sound.

My goal is having really good sound. Don't need to be heard from a mile away.

I know this can become expensive really quick, so with that said, this will be a project over time.

I believe the factory speakers are as follows:

Tweeters in A pillar.

3.5 in upper door

6.5 in lower door

6.5 coax in rear deck

3.5 in center dash

Amp in drivers footwell.

Thanks
As I have learned here, don't try and choose your own system components and installation. Let the denizens of CarAudio.com dictate to you what is acceptable here, else you will get a LOT of C R A P like I have gotten here.

John Kuthe...

As I have learned here, don't try and choose your own system components and installation. Let the denizens of CarAudio.com dictate to you what is acceptable here, else you will get a LOT of C R A P like I have gotten here.
John Kuthe...
That is completely not true in anyway, you are just an idiot.

That is completely not true in anyway, you are just an idiot.
No I am NOT an idiot. Some here just don't like that I say. It's called social acceptance or not! I am used to not being accepted socially, because many in the set we call "society" feel threatened!

John Kuthe...

Do you have the knowledge and skills to do upgrades yourself, or do you want to pay a professional?
I could probably do it myself, but when it comes to wiring and such I might feel more comfortable letting someone more experienced tackle that job,

I could probably do it myself, but when it comes to wiring and such I might feel more comfortable letting someone more experienced tackle that job,
Exactly what I did, and then the denizens of Caraudio.com started calling me down for not doing it all myself, and denigrating my installer guy!

Just going to show you can't please all the people all the time!

John Kuthe...

Well I have a 07 mustang. shaker 500 system for now I just added a sub. But plan on redoing the whole system soon so the question is. Where would you like to start. Being that you want to keep the stock deck. I'd start with a processor first then go from there. If you don't have a good foundation then everything you replace or add will be for nothing

I think you'd be best starting with sound deadening. Do the doors, the trunk, wherever you can. After that, if you are not happy with the bass response, I'd look at getting a sub. The DD Audio LE-M series is a very cost effective way to get a sub in your trunk that will perform well. Processing would be my next step. I think the Helix DSP Pro would be quite adequate. If the speakers are half-way decent, then I'd upgrade the amp(s). If not, then upgrade the speakers. Of course, these are just ideas.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.