Need some serious help :/

Participant count
  • Participant list

4Flat4Life
10+ year member

I have a 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX. (Not STi)

I would like to have a full system in this car, but a much better one then my first.

my first car was a full kenwood, and JL set up, kenwood KFC speakers with built in tweeters, (Didn't have a place for any tweeters), and two JL audio W3s, loud as hell and banged amazing.

I would like my new system to be.....

A touch screen display of some sort, 4 speakers, and 2 tweeters, and my two JL subs I still have.

I would like all the speakers, (4 mids and 2 tweets) hooked up to a speaker amplifier, and everything hooked into the touch screen... I would like a really clean set up as well... (not a lot of spliced wires and knockdowns or w/e, just plugs to plugs and such if possible.

So far I have gathered the screen should be 8" to fit perfectly, so... Does an 8" touch screen with 8(?) RCA outputs exist?? or.... how can this work?? explicit details please.

why do you need 8 rca outputs???

Well my old system had 6... 2 went to the sub amp, and 4 went to the speaker amp, so I assumed that I would need 6 to the new speaker amp, Left and right to each pair, Front, Rear, and Tweets.

Pioneer AVIC-Z130BT

I think I found the Screen I want... What do you guys think? And with a speaker amp, and sub amp it will all work out? How do Tweeters hook up???

Whoa... (2) mids & (2) Tweets in Front Doors - 2 Channels - (1) Mid Bass in each back door - 2 More Channels.. - (2) JL Subs - 1 channel.. - You need a 5 Channel Amp or a 4 Channel & a Mono Amp for Subs.. Either way.... Your HEAD UNIT ONLY need 3 sets of RCA's.... 1 pair for FRONT's, 1 Pair for REAR, & 1 Pair for SUB..

*** Oh yeah.. The tweeters are off the same power source as the front mids just split by using a crossover... Unless of course you want to run the mid's & tweets of seperate amp then things are different... lol.. ***

The AVIC have been pretty good over the years, I know a lot of people who like them. The above is correct, you only need 6 preouts and you will run the front mids and tweets from the same 2 chan, through a crossover. I do not recomend you attempt active crossovers....using different channels for the mids and tweets, until you have a little more experience under your belt, or if you know someone who is willing to help with a lot of experience. I am not trying to insult you, active crossovers just require a great deal of tunning to make much of a difference, and they are more expensive. If you want the clean look, get the 5 channel. ARC audio makes a small one that is really cool that you can probably hide somewhere. As far as the speakers go, its easier to recomend something if we know what kind of music you like. I would also like to ask, does your WRX have the premium audio package?

The AVIC have been pretty good over the years, I know a lot of people who like them. The above is correct, you only need 6 preouts and you will run the front mids and tweets from the same 2 chan, through a crossover. I do not recomend you attempt active crossovers....using different channels for the mids and tweets, until you have a little more experience under your belt, or if you know someone who is willing to help with a lot of experience. I am not trying to insult you, active crossovers just require a great deal of tunning to make much of a difference, and they are more expensive. If you want the clean look, get the 5 channel. ARC audio makes a small one that is really cool that you can probably hide somewhere. As far as the speakers go, its easier to recomend something if we know what kind of music you like. I would also like to ask, does your WRX have the premium audio package?
I do not believe it does, no under the seat subs, so that's my assumption... My playlist involves anything from Lil Wayne and Mac Miller, to Rolling stones, Metallica, and even some garth brooks. So pretty much everything.

Whoa... (2) mids & (2) Tweets in Front Doors - 2 Channels - (1) Mid Bass in each back door - 2 More Channels.. - (2) JL Subs - 1 channel.. - You need a 5 Channel Amp or a 4 Channel & a Mono Amp for Subs.. Either way.... Your HEAD UNIT ONLY need 3 sets of RCA's.... 1 pair for FRONT's, 1 Pair for REAR, & 1 Pair for SUB..
*** Oh yeah.. The tweeters are off the same power source as the front mids just split by using a crossover... Unless of course you want to run the mid's & tweets of seperate amp then things are different... lol.. ***
So, if I am understanding this correctly... I will have 2 tweeters and 2 speakers in my front doors all connected to the same amp, we will call that Amp A. Then the two speakers in the rear doors also connected to Amp A. And then in the trunk the JL Subs will hooked up to a MonoBlock Amp, Amp B. and all of that can easily be connected to the monitor head unit I posted earlier?

I hooked up my first system completely by my self, (Still want to avoid active crossover never done that), it was 4 speakers with tweets built in, aftermarket HU and the subs, with a CAP, everything was easy to install, the difference for this set up is a monitor instead of a head unit, and separate tweets.

The only thing I am not understanding is how the tweets hook up?? Do I splice from the positive and negative of the front door speaker and connect that to the tweet? So it will go from stereo amplifier, to front speaker, to tweeter??

I am going to go look up my speaker size and start getting this thing priced out.

I do not believe it does, no under the seat subs, so that's my assumption... My playlist involves anything from Lil Wayne and Mac Miller, to Rolling stones, Metallica, and even some garth brooks. So pretty much everything.

So, if I am understanding this correctly... I will have 2 tweeters and 2 speakers in my front doors all connected to the same amp, we will call that Amp A. Then the two speakers in the rear doors also connected to Amp A. And then in the trunk the JL Subs will hooked up to a MonoBlock Amp, Amp B. and all of that can easily be connected to the monitor head unit I posted earlier?

I hooked up my first system completely by my self, (Still want to avoid active crossover never done that), it was 4 speakers with tweets built in, aftermarket HU and the subs, with a CAP, everything was easy to install, the difference for this set up is a monitor instead of a head unit, and separate tweets.

The only thing I am not understanding is how the tweets hook up?? Do I splice from the positive and negative of the front door speaker and connect that to the tweet? So it will go from stereo amplifier, to front speaker, to tweeter??

I am going to go look up my speaker size and start getting this thing priced out.

Ok... When you buy a comp set together, it will come with a crossover... The speaker wire off the amp coming in to that door will go into the crossover (input), then out of the crossover there will be a + & - for the mid woofer & then another set for tweet.. Of course they are crossed different.. see pic..

Picture22448-1.jpg

Well I was going to hook you up with a wiring diagram but I cant find one that will make much sense to you. Just trust us, get a good component set, it will come with crossovers and have instructions on how to properly hook them up. As for a recomendation, for your broad music taste I would recomend Hertz. But honestly you need to go audition some and see what you like.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.