Need some opinions other than my own!

Participant count
  • Participant list

dawgs007

Low-End Fanatic
Ohio
I am helping a buddy install 2 12" P1's in his 2008 G6. He has to remain using his stock HU, so what would you guys suggest to be the best way to wire subs up? Note: his HU doesn't have any RCA-outs. It's all speaker level. I thought of tapping into his rear speakers and using a LOC, but didn't know if that'd work. Thanks in advance guys!

I don't think he has any intentions of swapping out decks anytime soon. Also, would splicing the LOC into the rear speakers decrease the performance of the rear speakers?

Alright, thats my intention at the moment. I've never hooked up a sub system without an aftermarket HU. Hopefully it goes well!

So, before I begin the install in the next couple of days... It is, in fact, possible to tap into rear Monsoon speakers with a simple LOC to allow RCA input for subwoofer amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.