Amp Protection and power help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

MuLah

I have a 3000w planet audio amp pushing two 15s and its had no problems until today when my new highs amp came in, iI got it installed and now my 3000w sub amp is getting no power, I changed the remote line, and it is fine on my highs amp everything works fine. My sub amp however only turns on when I tap the power and remote wires together, and when it does get power that way it is in protect mode, i tried flipping all wires from my working and ampand this non-working amp and still no luck. Fuses look fine from what I can see (can't seem to pull them out)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Ok thank you, I'll check where the remote wire is connected and get back to you.
Ill try it when I get the amp back, especially if the forbidden protect light goes on. I don't think it's grounding out anywhere because I still...
Make it look nicer. Carpet it up with black. It will look like a speaker. The wood look is not good at all. Don't look too professional. What...
Disconnect all 5 speakers and the rca cables from the amplifier. Turn it on and see if it still goes into protect. If it does, bad amplifier. If...
Not much user serviceable about an amp powering up into protect with nothing else connected. Send it back for repair/exchange or whatever they do...

About this thread

MuLah

MuLah
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
MuLah