Need some input

Participant count
  • Participant list
Shredder2, Thanks for the advice and it already plays down to around 27 Hertz I didn't realize it needed to go much lower LOL
it don't., just some guys like more super deep bass, the lows on my 12 even tuned at 36hz are killing my trunk. almost wish i'd went with tad smaller box so it would be quite as loud below 35hz lol..

This is how your current box looks...
mw0vQK.jpg

This is what I came up with...

cYiH8M.jpg

That second one is -3db at under 25hz... that's low... lol
thats 1st 1 is about what my fu looks likes.. u asked if i figured wins out yep..

thats 1st 1 is about what my fu looks likes.. u asked if i figured wins out yep..
Gramps... to give ya an idea of a LOW curve looks like... this is a 29hz tune for a ZV5-15... it peaks at 33hz or so and is -3db down at 23hz... this is the tune I'd like to have... heck those EVL's looked similar but only went down to 26hz or so... just sayin'... lol

B39wCh.jpg

Whale song tuning!

Gramps... to give ya an idea of a LOW curve looks like... this is a 29hz tune for a ZV5-15... it peaks at 33hz or so and is -3db down at 23hz... this is the tune I'd like to have... heck those EVL's looked similar but only went down to 25hz or so... just sayin'... lol
B39wCh.jpg

Whale song tuning!
lower tunes i've modeled look much flatter than that but maybe cause i just use 1 sub.. thats 1 looks like my 36hz tune just peak at different freq i guess.. wish i knew how to use the cone excursion chart on wins idk know that that works yet..

i really dont want it to go much lower, it already beats my jeep up pretty bad. So far it seems to be tuned perfectly for my listening needs. My main concern was wether or not i designed the box remotely close to what it should be. I would have built it larger but my space in the jeep is limited. I still dont fully understand how port area affects my setup so i designed it according to the info ive read on here. The next step for me is to work on the mids and highs. Im really looking for the crystal clear sound but it seems to be very difficult at a high volume lol

how about some pictures..... try to ignore my crappy carpenter skills and rats nest of wires.
Well at least you've got Gramps beat... you actually built yours!.. 45 that port bend to smooth out the airflow and you'll be golden... looks good man!

Well at least you've got Gramps beat... you actually built yours!.. 45 that port bend to smooth out the airflow and you'll be golden... looks good man!
thanks. When you say 45 the port, are you saying make the corner inside the box a 45? Im not sure i can get it back apart after all the glue i put in it lol

thanks. When you say 45 the port, are you saying make the corner inside the box a 45? Im not sure i can get it back apart after all the glue i put in it lol
Do a port layout on something... get your measurements then cut your beveled piece and woodglue it in there... then let it dry overnight... once it's dry it will become SOLID and no screws will be necessary... heck set something on top of the piece to get it to set if you want or brad nail the thing... anyways this is what I mean by layout... just use your head and you'll figure it out... keep up the good work!

SgJe1Rz.jpg

When you do the next one it's always easier to do this as you assemble it... see?

dxokFgm.jpg

I can see you want to build some more... keep it up and learn Winisd if your serious!

Do a port layout on something... cut your beveled piece and woodglue it in there... then let it dry overnight... once it's dry it will become SOLID and no screws will be necessary... heck set something on top of the piece to get it to set if you want or brad nail the thing... anyways this is what I mean by layout... just use your head and you'll figure it out... keep up the good work!
SgJe1Rz.jpg

When you do the next one it's always easier to do this as you assemble it... see?

dxokFgm.jpg

I can see you want to build some more... keep it up and learn Winisd if your serious!
ok, i see what you mean now. Ill cut a piece and get it in there. Thanks for the help!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.