Participant count
  • Participant list
Current box:

34x16x22

Port: 3.5x14.5x27

Double baffle w/ 0.1 of bracing

It’s 3.65 cubes after displacement with a tune of 31.5hz

Sub displacement is 0.23 but I can invert it to gain that back if needed

I’m thinking of extending the port internally by 13” to bring the port to 40” which would bring the volume down by 0.32 but drop my tune to 28.5ish hz. I want to see how many db ide lose by tuning 3hz lower.

Winisd shows that if you drop volume to 3.33ft3 net and with a 14.5" x 3.5" slot port 40" long... you'll actually be tuned to 29.86hz... and your port velocity will be 18 m/s with 750 watts of power... here's the curve...

bvEUcC.jpg

UW7EPu.jpg

Who designed your box btw... those FU-15's do much better in a larger enclosure... this is a 5.5ft3 net tuned to 32hz... look at the low end ... wow... no wonder youre looking for more... just sayin'

ywtMiB.jpg

Changing the port might be attractive to you but doing so will lead to problems in most cases... I did something similar with mine and used an external extension and lost a ton of spl and started smelling coils...

Big low end usually takes space or a KILLER design if you are space limited...

I cant tell you how many db's you'll lose... it's crazy to think anyone can use Winisd to tell you exactly... Winisd models your driver in a specific enclosure at a specific power level... the car environment is too complex to say for certain... but hey... maybe someone here will tell you what the graph says... lol

Here is your current box... it's modeling up at a 33.69 tune and has too much port unless you are running a true 2.5K amp...

j7iaOs.jpg

this is your port with a 2.5K amp...

epr7D1.jpg

idk if that'll work,, after the extra port and port board (wood) i got more like 3.25 cf ad 44" port tunes 29.5 .. if u did invert sub u could do 37" port..

**** these are my max dimensions t
Wassup?... gimme a few and I'll see what I can come up with... what's your max dimensions?

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

What's that Belva... 1200 watts actual?

Wassup?... gimme a few and I'll see what I can come up with... what's your max dimensions? 

---------- Post added at 07:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

What's that Belva... 1200 watts actual?
34x16x22

The FU and belva are going bye bye in the spring I got a Wolfram AG15 coming and getting a true 2k amp to throw at it

Nice!.. I love it when there are no parameters available... find em and we are in business... unless you want me to design for the FU 750 15 and tune it lower?... can you brace it well?.. I'm thinking single baffle if possible... I had a single baffle on 60lb of subs with 2 CAB's strapped at 1 ohm btw... coarse thread #6 drywall screws only... never had a problem and it was doin' over 149db and 147ish daily...

HG2Yo6.jpg

Nice!.. I love it when there are no parameters available... find em and we are in business... unless you want me to design for the FU 750 15 and tune it lower?... can you brace it well?.. I'm thinking single baffle if possible... I had a single baffle on 60lb of subs with 2 CAB's strapped at 1 ohm btw... coarse thread #6 drywall screws only... never had a problem and it was doin' over 149db and 147ish daily...

HG2Yo6.jpg
yeah they only have specs for 12's up

HG2Yo6.jpg
I know I wish I had the specs lol I can’t do another box right now, is there anything I can do to modify the box I have now?

If I shrink the port down to 3” w and add 3” to the length it will give me 3.7cuft @ 28hz on the dot. Am I right?
IDK... I'd do another enclosure... that one is too small for that sub any way you try... it needs more airspace to get your response curve on the north side of 30hz... lol... I got something for ya and It'll just barely take that 2K amp too... it'll be barely over 30 m/s at around 25hz at high levels with the FU... I think it'll be fine.. but the extra airspace using a single baffle and playing with the port let me get a 29.91 hz tune AND it's sufficient for a 2K amp... you ARE limited on space my man... this one was a miracle to come up with... wanna see?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.