Need some info on a Kicker IX2032 and wiring a Power Acoustik Capacitor

Participant count
  • Participant list

GrandPrixAlpine
10+ year member

Minnesota
I was just given a Kicker IX2032 amp 2/1, i know nothing about it and cant dig much up on the internet, all i know is that it sounds better than my two memphis m-class 500w. Also i got a capacitor with it, i have no clue how these work or how to wire it. on top there are to posts on each side, one side is positive the other is negative. I was told to run my wire from my battery to the Positive side and ground the other post on the same side and then run a positive and ground to my amp on the negative side. so i did that and went to put the fuse in and it blew big time.

Any help would be great.

Oh yeah i should prolly metion this is in a 98 Grand Prix GT and im Running a Alpine Type-X and a Alpine Type-R in two seperate ported boxes.

you lucky bastard..... that impulse ix2302 is the same one that is burned in my profile. some idiot that was using it popped the fuses, and wrapped them in tin-foil....... well i tried to get new fuses to work, but eventually caught on fire again, big time......was still playing when i shut it down and put out the fire. i really like the amp, so let me know if you want to sell it. anyways, yah caps are pretty much useless. they do help keep the lights from dimming, but are just another load to keep your alternator dragging down. if you must put it in, wire it like another battery

you lucky bastard..... that impulse ix2302 is the same one that is burned in my profile. some idiot that was using it popped the fuses, and wrapped them in tin-foil....... well i tried to get new fuses to work, but eventually caught on fire again, big time......was still playing when i shut it down and put out the fire. i really like the amp, so let me know if you want to sell it. anyways, yah caps are pretty much useless. they do help keep the lights from dimming, but are just another load to keep your alternator dragging down. if you must put it in, wire it like another battery
Yes thats the amp! i couldnt think of the numbers right. haha id prolly trade for a mono or a L7. I love the L7 in my stang.

Im going to put it on but i need to know how to wire it...The way i was told blew my inline fuse. so i need another way. Two terminals per side, one larger and one smaller. on the top side of the cap the left side has a + on the right side it has a -. The way i hooked it up the first time was, Red wire in the larger one ground in the smaller on the + side, and same to amp on the - side.

I was just given a Kicker IX2032 amp 2/1, i know nothing about it and cant dig much up on the internet, all i know is that it sounds better than my two memphis m-class 500w. Also i got a capacitor with it, i have no clue how these work or how to wire it. on top there are to posts on each side, one side is positive the other is negative. I was told to run my wire from my battery to the Positive side and ground the other post on the same side and then run a positive and ground to my amp on the negative side. so i did that and went to put the fuse in and it blew big time.
Any help would be great.

Oh yeah i should prolly metion this is in a 98 Grand Prix GT and im Running a Alpine Type-X and a Alpine Type-R in two seperate ported boxes.
Get one more ported box and run a Type S. Seriously, don't mix and match subs, you are asking for cancellation. BTW that is a very nice amp.

Get one more ported box and run a Type S. Seriously, don't mix and match subs, you are asking for cancellation. BTW that is a very nice amp.
Dont appriciate your sarcasm. And its only temporary untill i have enough money to buy some L7s. I got the X dirt cheap, like you guys would be pissed cheap. and ive had the R so i just threw em in. as you can see in my sig, i dont generally mix and match eventually this will be all kicker in a custom built box. but for the time being thats how its going to be.

And thanks

like i said, you hook it like a battery...... positive is positive. positive wire from battery to postitve on the cap, positive wire from amp to positive on cap....same as nagative. get a resistor from radio shack, like 100ohm and use that to slowly bleed the power into the cap to charge it. if the cap is completely drained, it can draw a mass amount of current instantaniously. as for trade, i'm thinking about offering my rf t5001bd. 3 models back, it's birthed at over 1k @ 12.5v. you have pics of the amp?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.