Need some help..

Silver
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Brighton, MI
I've been browsing this forum for a few months now, trying to figure out something decent to get for my car. All I really want for now is subs, amp and a new HU. I don't need componets yet becasue I have premimum sound in my T-Bird (all JBL speakers). I kinda want something loud and to sound good at the same time. People at my school have resonant engineering, rockford fosgate, jl audio, audioban, alpine, pioneer, DD, kicker, eclipse, you name it. I want a 15 becasue I like the way they hit the lows. What would you guys suggest. I was thinking about a KickerComp VR but I hear bad things about them. I heard they go "Kaput" in a certain amount of time.

Honestly I have no clue what to go with. I have about 600$ to spend for now. My parents won't let me shop on ebay, but I can purchase online.

I kinda got my HU set up, I kinda want it cheap because of all the theives around (believe me). Here is the HU..

Pioneer Premier DEH-P550

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12917

Also is this amp any good?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13731

Thanks for your time. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/moon.gif.9d317aec3339ffe7fde0638df52c628a.gif hehe j,k.

Premium sound in any vehicle regardless of the brandname is an absolute joke at the least, no offence dude. Once you take that car apart and see bottom of the line paper cone speakers with a separate amp that says JBL (junkbutloud) you will have a better understanding of the garbage that manufacturers put in the vehicle and use a brand name to sell it. Bose - no highs - no lows - just Bose, yup paper cone speakers in $40000.00 vehicles that you pay huge cake to get the upgraded audio system. Some manufacturers are putting in a respectable system of sorts, take the new Nissan - Rockford venture, but for the most part do not assume that because the factory gear has a brand name it is any good. Take a speaker out one day and see what you have, you'll be totally surprised.

As far as a sub goes, if you are just getting into this make sure that you buy a sub that has a good warranty and match the sub to the proper box (very important) and even more important that it is matched to the proper amp. Make sure the system is used properly and set properly, otherwise any sub you buy is going to go "Kaput". Personally I would go in the direction of 2 12" subs over the one 15 any day of the week.

i dunno forbidden, about all stock stereos bein crap. my mother just got a new Chevy SS Silverado and its got the bose system. Its loud, its clear and it hits pretty decent for no subwoofer. Im honestly impressed with it because i'd had the same attitude towards stock stereos.

My buick centery has an all stock system and people at school mistake it for a 10 all the time... but they don't know the difference between a DP and a P5, but not all stock steros are bad. I'm very impressed with my stock speakers and as long as they are not turned up to high when the bass is on full they sound great and hit decent (for stock speakers). Just something to think about...

Jon

What would you guys say about the hu and amp? Is the amp true output? Also how much would one of the Hx2's cost me.. 15" or would 2 12's be better?

I have heard bad about Lanzar amps, my friend had his hooked up to a audiobahn and the amp continuiously shut off. It was a 1200max just like that one. I was looking at a new subwoofer called a fusion powerplant. Anyone hear these before? http://justwoofers.com/Woofer_Pages/Fusion/fusion_powerplant.htm

I'm thinkin I can get two of these 12's, order them from a local car audio shop. Have a birthday comin around so I can get a amp for my b-day. What is something you guys reccomend? Should I go with mono-2channel? Whats the difference.?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.