will these products make me hit more dbs??

Participant count
  • Participant list
Equalizer is more for signal processing, probably not going to help a great deal. Cap might help, but that depends on your system setup. New higher output alternator would be your best bet to add some more dbs. A battery is nice for listening to your music with the car off, but most comps you leave your car on, so depending on the amount of juice you take for a "burp", a battery will most likely not affect your db's too much.

A few things people forget when trying to acheive higher scores... Sound deaden your vehicle, that can add a few db's. Try aiming your sub in different directions, or making various boards that reflect the bass around the vehicle, depending on your situation, that could also increase spl. Try different enclosures with different port characteristics. Try different frequencies.

Hope that helped a little.

T.J.

would like an equalizer
NO
NO
maybe but only if the amp has an unregulated power supply and the car is running
or yellow top battery?
No effect if the car is running and the alt is doing its job, with the car off, it might help a bit because of the higher float voltage of a Yellow Top compared to a normal battery. ose last two might get you another .1 or .2 on the meter depending on the amp but they are not going to make a huge difference for the normal system.
If you want big bass, you need to move air. You want big subs in a ported box and a pretty big amp to drive them. Once you have that, then worry about the electrical system if it is not able to keep up with the system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.