15" for SQ?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Only if you amplify each type of sub separately, use a bandpass crossover on the 10's, lowpass on the 15 and hp on the balance of the system. You will need some kind of signal processor to accomplish this, Audio Control makes some great gear for just this circumstance. So 1 good active crossover, 2 10's in the proper box (probably sealed), one amp to power them, 1 15" + proper box and amp to power it and away you go.

"Will this have good sq?" isn't really the right question you should be asking. Some drivers have crappy sound quality, some have excellent sound quality. Make an assumption by others' opinions what drivers will give you the sq you're looking for, or get a listen for yourself. 10" woofers could give you good midbass, if installed correctly. Two 10's in a bix box with lots of power, your'e not going to be getting the midbass you're looking for, most likely. 8's would probably have an easier time with the higher freq's. If you're running a 15" driver, I'd honestly get 8's or something similar in size (6 x 9's?) for your mids.

i dont know. I always thought that running different size subs even on other amps but in the same vehicle would sound wierd. But hey, i guess it depends on your setup.

As long as you make sure that there is minimal to no overlap in the frequencies being played by the different sized speakers, you should be OK. One problem you might run into is if the 10's are in the back of the car, and are crossed over too high on the high side, they will drap the image to the back of the car. The nice thing about using 8's is you can, with a bit of custom work, mount them in the doors and get the bass up front where it won't mess with your imaging.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Rattlebrain

10+ year member
alcoholic
Rattlebrain
Amarillo, TX.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date